ABS Global Announces New Icon Sires™
“ABS is pleased to make this superb offering of high-ranking Holsteins Icon Sires available to our valued customers,” said Ryan Starkenburg, ABS Global Product Development Senior Geneticist, Dairy Strategy. “Through the Icon Sire program, we’re able to give customers access to our top-genetics at a much faster pace than others in the industry.”
While this group represents genetic variety with three different sires and four different maternal grandsires, there is a common theme of high component production combined with great fitness and udder traits, Starkenburg explained. This pattern fits the breeding philosophy of genetics sourced by ABS Global and those created through De Novo Genetics, the source of three of these new sires, he added.
For more information on these and other Icon Sires, go to www.absglobal.com/iconsires or talk with your ABS representative today.
ABS Global Newly Released Icon Sires
- High PLI ACHIEVER son
- Improves udder attachments and udder health
- Great component percentages and daughter fertility
- High Net Merit ACHIEVER son offers to improve udder health
- Reduces frame size while strengthening udder attachments
- Significant improvement in fat pounds and percentages
- QUANTUM son with great international rankings
- Improves component pounds and percentages
- Offers conformation improvement without shortening teats or straightening legs
- Profit from high protein with this Imax son
- High yield from well-attached udders and improved daughter fertility
- This A2/A2 sire boasts strong international rankings
Headquartered in DeForest, Wisconsin, U.S.A., ABS Global is the world‐leading provider of bovine genetics, reproduction services, artificial insemination technologies, and udder care products. Marketing in more than 70 countries around the globe, ABS has been at the forefront of animal genetics and technology since its founding in 1941. ABS Global is a division of Genus plc.