Durable, healthy, and vigorous offspring define sires that achieve ABS DURAbull status.
What type of cows do dairy producers want to milk and manage today?
- Calve easily • Have live calves • Stay healthy • Breed back easily • Are easy to manage
The ABS DURAbull program continues to meet producer needs by identifying sires that produce trouble-free, fertile, and long-lasting cows. Key elements needed to achieve DURAbull status include:
- Calving Ability, Sire and Daughter - Stillbirth, Calving Ease
- Fitness and Management - Longevity, Daughter Fertility, Udder Health
- Functional Conformation - Udders, Feet and Legs, Body Condition
- Actual Daughter Deviations for Longevity (PL) are required for DURAbulls eligibility
- The top 25% of the ABS sires for health and fitness traits carry ABS DURAbulls logo
Health & Fitness Leaders from December 2016