The ABS Genetic Management System®
The ABS Genetic Management System® is the solution to maximize your herd’s genetic progress and simplify sire selection while saving you time and money.
Since 1968, the Genetic Management System has been providing the tools to help customers achieve their production, genetic, and financial goals.
- GMS will build cows that are tailor-made to your individual operation, ensuring your herd will remain profitable for years to come.
- GMS ranks your cows using the Herd Percentile Ranking (HPR) tool, an indicator of how well each cow fits your herd goals, to develop a genetic value by which to compare herd mates.
- GMS Evaluators are certified genetic consultants who help provide you the tools to build a complete and balanced cow that excels in fertility, production and longevity.
- GMS offers the highest level of inbreeding protection of any program available in the industry.
- GMS equals confidence by emphasizing reliability, by utilizing pedigree and linear data from the largest sire database in the industry and with proven results globally.
Mating over 4 million cows in 40 countries annually, GMS is the most utilized mating program in the world.
GMS is not a do-it-yourself tool kit…We are here to HELP!
• GMS utilizes Certified, professional GMS Evaluators evaluating herds for 15 economically-important traits - Plus an entire team of dedicated professionals running reports and maintaining quality
• Weighted economic and longevity indexes are used for consistency in the herd
• Decisions are easier because of Herd Percentile Ranking (HPR) – a ranking within herdmates using production, type and health & fitness data based on your goals developed through customer controlled breeding options from the GMS MasterPlan
• GMS fixes what needs fixing and protects what needs protecting on each cow
• Using the common ancestor information from the maternal and paternal side (controlled inbreeding and recessive protection) helps to manage fertility, calf vigor and growth traits
• GMS is conscious of current economics, and develops indexes to meet all market needs
Mike Hayes, Pendra Branca, GMS since 1998, South Australia
“With roughly 50% of our herd being GMS replacements, we have GMS cows that produce an average around 1,000 litres more over a lactation than non-GMS cows in an already high producing herd.”
Lawrence Schroeder, JR., 120 cows, GMS since 1984, Windthorst, Texas, US
“I feel that if you run a business you have to surround yourself with quality people and let them do the job they are trained to do. Running a family dairy, I don’t have time to sit down and study the bulls and mate the cows. I put complete trust in GMS and my GMS consultant and I think the results speak for themselves.”