RMS - Reproductive Management System
RMS is a systematic approach to maximizing pregnancy production and profitability for your dairy.
RMS encompasses four key program characteristics:
- Timely heat detection and breeding supports a consistent supply of animals
- Our RMS technicians' entire focus is on achieving pregnancy in cows
- Together with Global Technical Services, your ABS representative brings specialized expertise and a team approach to problem solving
- RMS professional technicians work closely with herd veterinarians to improve synchronization compliance
- RMS monitoring allows trends to be identified and necessary actions taken
- RMS = Consistent data input and interpretation of reports
ABS Certification allows specialization and expertise:
Our RMS professional technicians attend the comprehensive ABS RMS Certified Training Program located near Sunnyside, Washington, USA. The two week intensive program focuses on optimizing heat detection in order to maximize pregnancy production on customers' dairies. This encompasses training on large commercial dairies and is supervised by veteran technicians with the assistance of a commercial veterinarian.
Technicians leave the training centre having spent eight to ten hours a day on-farm, honing the skills necessary to make the right decisions behind the cows. Because a comprehensive working knowledge of reproduction is also necessary for good heat detection skills, attendees spend two to three hours per day working with ABS Global University and presentations from industry experts to prepare them for a final written exam.
- A.I. breeding allows for higher genetic offspring
- A.I. breeding allows for the selection of traits that are important to the dairy operation
*Not all products and services are available in all areas; please contact your local ABS representative for a complete listing of services offered.
Click here (648KB) to download our brochure for more information on what RMS can do for you.