Real World Data Sire Fertility
ABS has been providing customer with the Real World Data® Sire Fertility star ranking on the ABS lineup for over two years with excellent feedback from customers all around the world. The Real World Data (RWD) Sire Fertility ranking offers ABS customers the advantages of accuracy, reliability, trustworthiness, and timeliness of fertility data.
How ABS Sires are Ranked Using Real World Data
ABS Real World Data Sire Fertility star rankings are calculated from all highly reliable bulls across the industry contained in the RWD database. Of qualifying sires, the top 10% are ranked 5-star, top 20% 4-star, 40% 3 star, 20% 2 star and 10% 1 star. The ranking scale is then applied across the ABS active dairy bull population with 5 stars being the highest semen fertility and 1 star being the lowest semen fertility. It should be noted ABS bulls make up 40% of the Real World Data, the other 60% is from bulls from the other studs. Therefore, the metric is built on the data from all reliable bulls, not just ABS bulls. The metric is then applied to ABS bulls to stratify the ABS offering. This ensures the ABS bull rankings are relative to the total industry population of highly reliable bulls.