General Application Description
ABS Global has 2020 summer internship openings for individuals with a desire to gain experience with the industry leader for utilizing biotechnology to pioneer animal genetic improvement. We are looking for self-motivated students with a positive attitude and a passion for learning!
- Eligible to work in the U.S. or Canada
- Eligible to work full time for 12 consecutive weeks during 2020 summer
- Education & GPA requirements may vary based on role-
- Supply Chain Internship & Repro positions do NOT require a bachelors degree
- Complete online application & include the following before submitting:
- Resume & cover letter
- Unofficial college transcript
- One letter of academic or professional recommendation
The Supply Chain Interns will rotate through various Supply Chain departments to gain insight into the Supply Chain workflow and get first hand exposure to the Livestock Handling, Laboratory and Distribution teams. Responsibilities include providing excellent care and maintenance of the bull population, providing upkeep and security of the facilities; and assisting with the treatment of bulls as directed by our Veterinary staff. Additionally, the interns will work within a team, learn and assist in the processing, packaging and quality control of bovine semen. Interns will also have the opportunity to assist in receiving, warehousing and shipment of products.
- Qualifications: Candidates will possess a high school diploma or equivalent, cattle experience and a valid driver's license.
- Location: DeForest, Wis., USA – ABS Headquarters
- Currently enrolled as a sophomore, junior, senior or recent graduate at an accredited tech, two year or four year college or university.
Click here to apply
The Intern will support ABS Global Beef research and product development initiatives by supporting data related activities that include data mining, data pipeline development, and data analysis using various statistical and analytic tools. Additionally, the intern will generate information that will inform genetic strategies, genetic program development and custom genetic indices for the ABS proprietary genetic program. This role will interact with individuals across the organization in support of these activities.
Qualified candidates will possess a degree in Animal Science, Dairy Science, Genetics, Computer Science, Statistics or related field. Strong analytical skills, familiarity with statistical packages (SAS, R, etc.), and experience with scripting or programming tools preferred. Genetic Data Analytics Ideal candidate will have an interest in genetic data analysis, utilizing data to develop on-farm genetic strategies, genetic program development, and custom genetic indices.
To apply, please click here