Who Are We?
ABS Global is the world-leading provider of bovine genetics, reproductive services, technologies and udder care products. Marketing in more than 70 countries around the globe, ABS has been at the forefront of animal genetics and technology since its founding in 1941. We are uniquely positioned as a global player with a dedicated research and development function and an international distribution network. We breed and distribute the genes of the world’s best bulls, scientifically selecting livestock whose offspring is designed to increase the profitability of our customers who are some of the world’s biggest farmers and food producers.
Our vision is clear: Pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish the world.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated professional to join our team as a Business Reporting Manager.
Location: Position can be located at our DeForest, WI location or at our office in Stapeley, England. Also open to a hybrid/flexible working arrangement but must be able to be in the office 2-3 days a week.
This is a newly created role who will be a key member of our Global finance team and report directly to the ABS Global Finance Director. As the Business Reporting Manager you will be a key partner to the business to understanding all company-wide business reporting requirements and opportunities. This position is not a developer role and it is not primarily responsible for analysis of the reports but you do need to be able to interpret reports to ensure they meet business requirements.
High level summary of accountabilities include:
- For each new report own documentation of prioritization, audience\access, report purpose, and how to properly state the requirements for development
- For all current reports ensure global transparency\catalogue of reporting, standardization of formatting, correctness and consistency of fields and content, and rationalization when required.
- Ensure reports are simplified to drive actionable insights – using dashboards, metrics, and key performance indicators as appropriate
- Collaborate with Information\Business Systems on the design and deployment of the BI reporting, supporting change management, release management, and training
- Ensure that all related documentation (business requirements, technical designs, data dictionary, etc.) are created, maintained, and available in a central repository
- Mentor and ensure provision of appropriate training and training materials for business managers in reporting skills in order that they become self-sufficient
- Work closely with the Genus One ERP implementation teams and the adoptions and optimization team to ensure requirement alignment
The successful candidate will have:
- 4 Year Degree in Business\Finance (preferred) and\or MBA (preferred)
- Finance Experience – although this is not about Finance reporting, the finance “mind set” is relevant for this position – experience with reconciliations, deep understanding of data structures and systems, advance expertise with reporting systems
- Significant experience in data warehousing and business intelligence or financial reporting environments
- Excellent listening skills, verbal and written communication skills, including effective presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies and resolution
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong people and project management skills
- International experience preferred
- Demonstrate curiosity and the adept at influencing others through business insights
What Can We Offer You?
ABS Global is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Genus plc. Genus plc is a market leader in porcine, dairy and beef genetics and is uniquely positioned as a global player, with a dedicated, multi-species research and development function and an international distribution network.
We offer challenging work environment that encourages a customer-centric approach and focuses on pioneering ideas that makes us the leader in our industry. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and invest in developing our employees so they can grow with the company.
If you are interested in contributing in this key role for one of the most innovative and highly regarded companies in our industry, please apply online by visiting our Careers Opportunities page on http://www.absglobal.com/usa