The Applications Developer is responsible for the design, development, management and maintenance of data management systems and applications that support the goals and initiatives of Dairy Product Development, Genetic Services and Marketing. Additionally, this position will work closely with the Genus IT, Genus Scientific Computing and Digital Transformation teams.
- Position Location: DeForest, WI
- Travel requirement: 5%
- Design and Develop solutions that improve workflow and meet customer needs.
- Develop and maintain a technical skill set that compliments current Genus\ABS standards and solutions.
- Assist with data loading and processing at tri-annual sire summaries and monthly genomic updates.
- Maintain routine communication with other internal teams like IT, Scientific Computing and Digital Transformation.
- Ensure strategies developed by the dairy product development team are effectively implemented.
- Develop and modify Microsoft Power BI Reports for Dairy PD personnel.
- Report status of projects to direct line supervisor
- Evaluate development options, research, and propose solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field.
- Proven ability to work on a team as well as independently to achieve objectives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficient in computer programs, such as Microsoft Power BI, Dynamics 365, Power Apps, Power Automate and SQL Server
- 2+ years relevant experience in IT development.
- Experience working with databases.
Capabilities and behaviors:
- Lives and displays the Genus ABS Values and behaviors at all times in their day to day ways of working.
- Maintain professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Be flexible with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strive to be an effective team member.
- Strive to advance your skills and display a willingness to accept future development.
- Actively participate in Company training opportunities to further develop skills applicable to the department.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company.