We currently have an exciting opportunity for a student to join our field team in Summer 2021 as a Beef Sales and Marketing Intern.
The Beef Sales and Marketing team will work closely with the Marketing, Sales and Product Management teams to develop sales and marketing tools that will assist our local ABS Representatives across the country in providing total genetic solutions to our customers and building long standing ABS customer relationships.
Location: US/remotely with travel
Duration: 12 weeks
Objectives of Internship
- Gain an understanding of ABS beef genetic solutions and personal service through hands-on involvement and training with clients, staff, and local ABS management across the United States.
- Understand general farm operation and handling cattle including reproductive skills and safety procedures.
- Acquire knowledge of the impact that genetic solutions has for customers to be utilized in marketing efforts and build customer relations.
- Assist our marketing team with content creation for social media and building customer engagement.
- Support our sales force through developing informative and behavior driving messages.
- Represent ABS at company and industry event throughout the summer.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Opportunity to assist District Sales Managers, Sales Team Leaders, and Representatives in breeding projects.
- Opportunity to assist the beef team with customer relations topics and driving product into herds.
- Willingness to assist the Marketing team with customer and bull specific testimonials.
- Opportunity to build upon the applicant’s desired skills through skill-based projects that the applicant co-designs.
- Represent ABS Global in a manner consistent with company values.
- Ensure ABS Global is a healthy and safe environment to work by observing both the company safety rules and the policies/guidelines.
- Pursuing an Agribusiness, Animal Science, Sales and Marketing, Beef Production or related field is preferred but not required
- Knowledge in Canva, InDesign or other Adobe applications is preferred but not required
- Strong understanding in Microsoft Office applications
- Willingness to travel
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and accept challenges
- Positive attitude