Genus plc is a market leader in porcine, dairy and beef genetics and is uniquely positioned as a global player, with a dedicated, multi-species research and development function and an international distribution network. Food consumption is expected to rise by 60% in the next 20 years. Our challenge is to affordably and sustainably meet that escalating demand while global resources diminish. Our vision is clear: Pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish the world. We are hiring an experienced Communications Coordinator to help us keep growing and serve the R&D business unit. If you’re dedicated and ambitious, Genus is an excellent place to grow your career. Don’t hesitate to apply.
- Write a variety of different content to support communications and marketing efforts, including newsletters, website copy, brochures and press releases
- Assist the Director of Communications in developing and implementing a communications strategy designed to further Genus and Genus R&D objectives
- Monitor analytics and create reports detailing the successes and failures of communications campaigns and strategies
- Stay up to date on industry trends and make recommendations for adjustments to communications strategies and practices
- Respond to media inquiries and maintain relationships with journalists and other members of the press
- Plan press conferences and other promotional events to help keep the organization top of mind both internally and externally
- Coordinate volunteers, support staff, vendors and more to support promotional events
- Perform outreach to press outlets, magazines, influencers and build strategic partnerships to grow brand notoriety
- Manage all internal communications channels and dedicated social media for Genus R&D.
Qualifications and experience:
- 3-5+ years experience in a communications or marketing role
- Superior time management and organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- An analytical mind and ability to think critically
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint and capable of creating visually compelling presentations
- Capabilities in graphic design and photo editing are an asset
- Knowledge of email marketing software such as Constant Contact or a similar program
- Proven knowledge of communications and marketing ethics and best practices
- Proficient public speaking abilities are an asset
Capabilities and behaviors:
- Reflects Genus R&D’s aim of having the strongest talent in the industry
- Lives and displays the Genus ABS Values and behaviors at all times in day to day work.
- Maintains professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Flexible with job responsibilities and consistently strives to be an effective team member.
- Strives to advance skills and displays a willingness to accept future development.
- Actively participates in Company training opportunities to further develop applicable skills.
- Gains a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company.