This positionwill support Dairy Product Development by ensuring efficient logistics and effective communication with all dairy cooperating embryo herds. Primary responsibilities will be maintaining good working relationships with cooperator herds and IVF labs, collecting weekly or biweekly embryo needs and coordinating the logistical movement of embryos to the herds. This position will work closely with the Dairy Product Development team in creating embryos.
Work Location: Ideally, position will be held in Deforest, WI but working remotely is a possibility for candidates.
- Managing the logistics of fresh IVF shipments.
- Collecting information on the number of embryos needed for each herd.
- Working with Dairy Product Development in the creation of embryos and maintaining donor herd size at the different locations.
- Communicating donor information and mating sires to IVF labs.
- Maintaining semen inventory at IVF labs.
- Tracking shipments so that embryos and equipment arrive, and equipment is returned.
- Collecting pregnancy data at cooperator herds.
- Ensuring DNA samples are submitted.
- Ensuring tags and other supplies are current.
- Working with Veterinary teams in the collection of oocytes.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Animal Science or related field, or significant relevant experience in lieu of degree
- 3 years or more of cattle experience gained through industry and/or farming experience
- Basic cattle reproduction knowledge
- Preferred candidates will have a proven track record of cattle husbandry
- Good computer skills with specific knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and herd management software
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Capabilities and Behaviors
- Lives and displays the Genus ABS Values and behaviors at all times in their day to day ways of working.
- Maintain professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Be flexible with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strive to be an effective team member.
- Strive to advance your skills and display a willingness to accept future development.
- Actively participate in Company training opportunities to further develop skills applicable to the department.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company.
- Ensure the image and service orientation of the department and ABS remains professional at all times.
- Display willingness to perform non-routine tasks as needed to ensure overall productivity is high.