We have an exciting opportunity for a Distribution Line Supervisor to join our Supply Chain team! This position will be responsible for planning for and efficiently managing the distribution operation as it relates to the inventory and storage of semen, the distribution of semen orders, and the distribution of breeding related supplies. This position will also be responsible for ensuring all documentation requirements are met and efficiently managing of all phases of receiving, warehousing and shipping.
This position will be based in DeForest, WI.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Manage all phases of the pick, pack and shipment process ensuring accuracy, and proper documentation requirements are met.
- Work alongside distribution staff to ensure all Standard Operating Procedures for the safe and accurate picking and packing of orders are met.
- Ensure all orders are accurately picked and packed within the same day of order placement or release from Customer Service.
- Ensure all shippers are properly maintained and in working condition prior to shipment thus achieving zero shipper failures.
- Produce and coordinate accurate domestic shipping documentation for all shipped orders.
- Quality control measures taken for handling semen.
- Provide proper training, development, continued motivation and stimulation of employees of the Distribution department including cross-training employees from other departments when appropriate.
- Provide orientation, training and development to entry-level Distribution employees.
- Actively seek to identify individuals who may require additional training and stimulation.
- Be open to suggestions on methods of improving Distributions; continually seek to improve.
Professionalism and Team Orientation:
- Ensure the image and service orientation of the department and ABS remains professional at all times. To ensure the philosophy of effective teamwork is maintained in the Distribution department.
- Maintain professional verbal and written communications with employees, co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Be flexible with respect to job responsibilities, consistently strive to be an affective team member and encourage staff to work effectively as a team.
- Display willingness to perform non-routine tasks as needed to ensure overall success of the Distribution department.
Knowledge and Personal Development:
- Strive to develop new skills and assume greater responsibility within the department and organization.
- Strive to advance your skills and display a willingness to accept future development – lead by example.
- Actively participate in ABS training opportunities to further develop knowledge and skills applicable to the department.
- Actively improve knowledge of ABS genetics and products through practical experience and company training programs.
- Maintain and expand understanding of ABS bull power, services, customers and internal management system in order to support ABS services and educate staff members.
Management and General Administration:
- Effectively administer company policies, programs and general management practices.
- Actively participate in the interview, hiring, promotion and performance management of employees.
- Conduct thorough, honest and fair performance evaluations reflective of each employee’s individual performance and contribution to the Distribution team.
- Ensure timesheets and required reports are completed accurately and timely.
- Plan staffing schedules and task assignments to ensure adequate staff coverage and maximum productivity.
Safety and Security:
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment to work and ensure all staff members observe both the company safety rules and the policies/guidelines
- Know and understand the policies, procedures and working environment
- Do not put yourself or others in an unsafe condition or perform an unsafe act
- Observe and correct all unsafe equipment or environments to prevent and accident from occurring
- All injuries, near misses, and aches and pains are reported within 24 hours
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment when needed
- Participate and encourage active involvement in the health and safety of ABS Global
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Secondary education in warehousing or logistics preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive shipping/warehousing experience including 2+ years of team leadership
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Effective communication and leadership skills.
- Effective/professional interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Ability to lead people
- Display solid performance standards, be reliable and dependable
- Display flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Valid Wisconsin Drivers License.
- Forklift Operators License.