The District Account Manager promotes and sells a portfolio of technical and/or nontechnical products and/or services and solutions directly to current and new end customers. This role informs customers of new product/service introductions and prices, and creates, monitors and revises lead generation plans to ensure a substantive sales opportunity pipeline.
Essential duties and functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- May lead projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build agreement
Essential Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sales, development growth and profitability of targeted accounts. Responsible for sales relationship and resource integration into each targeted account utilizing Technical Service, Genetic Programs, and other 3rd party resources as necessary.
- Sell and manage the relationship with new and existing partnership segment accounts by providing excellent service
- Coordinate the DSM’s, Tech Service, GMS, etc. and other 3rd parties on the customers behalf to maximize the customer experience in a profitable way for ABS. Work within the district teams to utilize their resources effectively.
- Be a partner with the customer in developing tailored genetic and reproductive strategies.
- Increase market share in the partnership segments by developing new and existing accounts into long-term profitable accounts
- Develop and maintain professional and effective relationships with management, employees, sales force representatives and customers. Represent ABS Global in a manner consistent with company objectives and image.
- To ensure the image of Genus ABS remains professional at all times. Strive to develop new skills and assume greater responsibility within the department and organization.
- To ensure ABS Global is a healthy and safe environment to work. All staff members are required to observe both the company safety rules and the policies/guideline.
- If issued a company vehicle, employees are expected to operate vehicles safely to prevent accidents. It is the policy of the company to provide and maintain a safe working environment to protect our employees and the citizens of the communities where we conduct business from injury and property loss
- Extensive travel required. % dependent on assigned territory.
- 4-year degree in business or agriculture preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- 5-years experience in a related industry
- General Computer and technology
- Strong Presentation skills
- Superior Listening Skill and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence and problem solve
- Self-Sufficient and sees tasks and responsibilities through to completion
- Experience effectively setting and managing toward a sales plan