This position will be responsible for successfully executing the transfer of fresh or cryopreserved embryos into bovine animals in Lubbock, TX. This position will aid in achieving current and forecasted reproduction goals, including maintaining or exceeding current pregnancy and production (live born) rates. In addition, the position will collect and analyze specific reproductive data, while actively seeking to develop new opportunities for further improvement of procedures.
- Execute the transfer of bovine IVF embryos into identified cow/heifers.
- Conduct ultrasound examinations to verify pregnancy, fetal sexes and/or gestational losses.
- Administer epidural anesthesia.
- Ensure accurate calibration and assembly of embryo transfer equipment including embryo transport incubator, ultrasound, and embryo transfer gun.
- Complete reproductive evaluation via rectal palpation and/or ultrasound.
- Uphold company standards for animal well-being and biosecurity.
Team Contributor responsibilities
- Collaborate with customers’ workforce, Embryo Transfer team and Laboratory team to evaluate production and transfer demands, recipient herd availability and required quantity of embryos transferred each day.
- Assist with the training of new employees to ensure thorough understanding of embryo transfer standard operating procedures, animal welfare and performance expectations.
- Participate in the evaluation of key performance indicators, actively seek opportunities for improvement and contribute ideas for further investigation within embryo transfer processes.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Animal Science or related field.
- 1 year previous experience applying knowledge of anatomy and physiology within bovine reproduction context preferred, but not required.
- Ability to operate and read ultrasound.
- Team-centric with strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to follow detailed safety protocols as required during daily exposure to needles or other sharp objects, as well as, bodily fluids of beef and dairy cattle.
Who Are We?
ABS Global is a market leader in dairy and beef genetics and is uniquely positioned as a global player, with a dedicated, multi-species research and development (R&D) function and an international distribution network. We breed and distribute the genes of the world’s best bulls, scientifically selecting livestock whose offspring is designed to increase the profitability of our customers, who are some of the world’s biggest farmers and food producers
Our vision is clear: Pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish the world.
What Can We Offer You?
At Genus, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, together with the opportunities that come with working for a global organization. We offer an environment where personal growth in encouraged.
If you are interested in playing a key role for one of the most innovative and highly regarded companies in our industry, this is the business for you.