We have an exciting opportunity for qualified MS or PhD students to join our summer internship program as a Genetic Data Analytics Intern. This internship will focus on animal breeding and quantitative genetics and has been structured to provide real-time experiences with an opportunity to not only participate but also see the outcomes of intern contributions.
This intern role will work along-side of our beef and dairy product development team to support data-related activities which include: data mining, data pipeline development, and data analysis using various statistical and analytic tools.
Additionally, this role will generate information which will inform genetic strategies, genetic program development and custom genetic indices in support of advances within the ABS proprietary genetic program.
This is an opportunity to apply your education, strengthen your skills, and grow your knowledge while also participating in key initiatives focused on pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish the world.
This is a formal 12 week summer internship located in Deforest, WI.
- MS or PhD student in Animal Science, Dairy Science, Quantitative Genetics, Computer Science, Statistics or related field, required;
- Strong analytical skills, familiarity with statistical packages (SAS, R, etc.), and experience with scripting or programming tools preferred;
- Experience with bioinformatics, calculating estimated breeding values, and/or breeding index development, preferred;
- Direct Agricultural experience (plant or animal) is a positive but not required attribute;
- Strong interest in genetic data analysis, utilizing data to develop on-farm genetic strategies, genetic program development, and custom genetic indices, preferred;
- Availability to work full-time for 12 consecutive weeks during the summer.
- Complete online application and include the following:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial college transcript