The Part-Time, approximately 20 hours per week, Genetic Management System Specialist prepares loads, processes GMS herd data thru the GMS computer program and provides professional and courteous service to external and internal customers. Additionally, the incumbent provides operational support to ensure effective maintenance of GMS and continuous flow of the Genomics testing functions.
- 75%-Prepare, load and process GMS herd data thru the GMS computer program in a timely, accurate and efficient manner to ensure a 24 hour turn around.
- Organize and prepare data files for loading into the GMS Application and supporting databases (CIS, NMR, CDN, Genomics etc) in accordance with the GMS Data Load Processes and Procedures manual.
- Review Master Plans and correctly input data while managing time and computer usage to maintain proper turnaround time.
- Ensure that herds are processed, distributed, communicated as quickly and accurately as feasible.
- Maintain an understanding of the genetic science involved with the GMS program to help problem solve and satisfy requests from external and internal customers
- 25%-Provide operational support to ensure effective maintenance of GMS.
- Maintain and update the GMS Active list within the GMS program as requested by proper field staff.
- Maintain up to date documented loading and processing procedures.
- Maintain and update milk testing and breed organization release forms as per department processes and procedures.
- Continually seek ways to improve processing and data load efficiencies and be proactive with the field.
- Assist the GMS Processing Manager to ensure there is enough staff and help in place during busy times, vacations or personal emergencies to guarantee herds are returned in a timely fashion.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or student in an agricultural related field such as Animal Science, Agricultural Education, or Agribusiness or equivalent experience.
- Ability to learn and work with the following systems GMS Application, MobileMate Application (MobileMate), GMS User Maintenance, GMS Active List Maintenance, Genetic Services Portal (GSP).
- High proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office Systems
Capabilities and behaviors:
- Lives and displays the Genus ABS Values and behaviors at all times in their day to day ways of working.
- Maintain professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Be flexible with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strive to be an effective team member.
- Strive to advance your skills and display a willingness to accept future development.
- Actively participate in Company training opportunities to further develop skills applicable to the department.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company.
- Understand the Genus Health and Safety protocol.
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Effectively communicate with various cultures