Overall Responsibilities: The Genetic Services Support intern supports the Technical and Genetic services (TAG) team in supporting our salesforce in our efforts to keep and acquire ABS partner accounts. The intern will assist with the use of all TAG tools and the development of new initiatives for the business.
- Ensure that herd information is processed accurately to minimize turnaround time.
- Distributes ABS TAG tools to stakeholders.
- Supports TAG team keeping in line with customer expectations
- Prepares loads, processes herd data thru the GMS computer program (ABS mating program) and provides professional and courteous service to external and internal customers.
- Maintain an understanding of the genetic science involved with the servicing accounts to help problem solve and satisfy requests from external and internal customers
Qualifications and Experience:
- Pursuing a degree in Animal Breeding, Agricultural Business, Genetics, Animal Science, Dairy Science, or related field.
- Currently enrolled as a sophomore, junior, senior or recent graduate at an accredited two year or four year college or university
Capabilities and behaviors:
- Lives and displays the Genus ABS Values and behaviors at all times in their day to day ways of working.
- Professional attitude and work ethic.
- High multi-tasking ability and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team-oriented attitude.