This role is designed to lead development of key capabilities for validating the genetic differentiation of proprietary ABS NuEra Genetics products, translating validation results into clear sales and marketing messages and leveraging data pipelines to build technical blueprints that allow customers to maximize genetic potential. The Product Validation and Technical Services Director will have accountability for growing internal capabilities to measure and communicate product superiority and recommendations for product use in markets around the world by working closely with product development technical experts, local commercial teams, customers and partners. This role will report to the Global Beef Product Development Director, ABS Beef and will be based in DeForest, WI.
Overview of Accountabilities
- Develop a structured product validation and program to demonstrate the superiority of NuEra Genetics products in key markets and product lines.
- Develop capabilities for delivering clear recommendations that allow customers to maximize the genetic potential of NuEra products.
- Work with the Product Development Director and key internal commercial stakeholders to develop the strategy for validating and communicating product differentiation to grow NuEra volumes and value capture in target markets around the world.
- Develop a structured pipeline for prioritizing trial work and standard operating procedures for analyzing and reporting trial results.
- Design trials, perform statistical analysis and interpret results for internal and external reporting.
- Work with product development geneticists, analysts and testing coordinators to ensure validation trials are targeting appropriate NuEra products and data is properly collected and stored.
- Leverage data collected through routine processes to build customer-specific validation stories.
- Balance available budget and commercial needs to set targets for validation trials, regularly reporting on progress.
- Maintain deep knowledge of NuEra products and commercial needs to identify opportunities to demonstrate product differentiation and leverage learnings from validation program to build technical blueprints for effectively managing NuEra products across the beef supply chain.
- Effectively communicate with commercial teams to develop new trials, report on trial progress and present final outcomes.
- Act as a resource for the commercial team to support sales prospecting and key account activities.
- Communicate key trial results, internally and externally, tailoring the message to the audience.
- Build external relationships with academic institutions, research institutes, customer and supply chain partners to enable high quality trial work.
- Exemplify the highest level of business and personal integrity at all times.
- Value and practice a diverse and inclusive culture and working environment.
- Travel approximately 40%, both domestically and internationally.
Education & Experience
- Advanced Degree (PhD) in Animal Sciences or a related field.
- Strong background in statistical tools and analysis.
- At least 10 years of experience in all aspect of beef production systems, including a deep understanding of beef industry profit drivers
- Proven success in effectively working across multiple business layers, cultures and geographies.
- Fluent in English
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders, from executives to beef producers.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage available resources to accomplish tasks without direct authority.
- Experience managing budgets to maximize returns for a given set of inputs.
- Proven record of success building systems or processes for livestock improvement.
- Experience translating technical results into recommendations that maximize customer value from products.
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on execution.
- Ability to build diverse coalitions to ensure cross-functional coordination and alignment to complete complex tasks.
- Be able to demonstrate consistent, concrete and successful results to build credibility with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong leadership skills, outstanding written and verbal communication.
Capabilities and Behaviors
- Possesses a strong desire to innovate to make customers more profitable.
- Lives and displays the Genus Values and behaviors at all times in day to day work.
- Maintains professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Flexible with job responsibilities and consistently strives to be an effective team member.
- Strives to advance skills and displays a willingness to accept future development.
- Actively participates in Company training opportunities to further develop applicable skills.
- Gains a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company.