Summary: Genus plc is a market leader in porcine, dairy and beef genetics and is uniquely positioned as a global player, with a dedicated, multi-species research and development function and an international distribution network. Food consumption is expected to rise by 60% in the next 20 years. Our challenge is to affordably and sustainably meet that escalating demand while global resources diminish. Our vision is clear: Pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish the world. We are seeking an experienced, motivated HR Business Partner to join the IntelliGen Technologies Team.
Overview: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated professional to join our team as a Human Resources Business Partner at our Windsor, WI location. This position is responsible for partnering with and providing HR services and related support to assigned business areas. May include a focus on policy and process development and administration, employee relations, talent development, compensation and benefits administration, talent acquisition and strategy execution. The HRBP will develop an understanding of the assigned business areas and represent the interest of those areas within the human resources group.
- Work with department recruiter and hiring managers for open positions from approvals through on-boarding new employee. Manages process through applicant tracking system, ensure budgeting process is followed and approval of requisition is completed per process. Complete compensation review, recruitment plan, post position and schedule and facilitate interview process. Upon selection of candidate, create offer letter and guide hiring manager through on boarding new staff.
- Provide coaching and guidance to leaders and associates regarding employment issues in such areas as policy and procedure interpretation/application, dispute resolution, corrective action, harassment, and terminations. Works with manager on legal risk and concerns.
- Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling managers and employees.
- Maintain accurate HR policies and ensures accessibility of forms, and employee handbook to all employees.
- Administer and monitor general HR training programs (e.g., new hire orientation …). Assist in organizational/individual training and development efforts.
- Establish, maintain and control employee files and other HR-related files to ensure legal and government compliance.
- Regularly scheduled one to one meetings with respective business unit leaders to consult on HR guidance, trends and metrics from the HR group and develop solutions, programs and policies to address the business needs.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues by conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations. Working with legal counsel where appropriate to ensure effective and positive outcomes for the business.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements with federal, state and local legal requirements related to management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring compliance requirements. Partners with legal counsel when needed to manage risk to the business.
- Support and execution of engagement activities, ie. Engagement surveys and follow up action items from the survey results
- Facilitate talent succession planning activities
- The core hours for this role will need to be flexible to support a three shift operation.
- Bachelor degree in HR or related field
- Four to six years of human resources generalist experience demonstrating a working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines including employee relations, performance management, recruitment and selection, and management consultation
- Knowledge of basic HR Laws and application
- Experience in Manufacturing preferred
Capabilities and behaviors:
- Reflects Genus R&D’s aim of having the strongest talent in the industry
- Lives and displays the Genus ABS Values and behaviors at all times in day to day work
- Maintains professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times
- Flexible with job responsibilities and consistently strives to be an effective team member
- Strives to advance skills and displays a willingness to accept future development
- Actively participates in Company training opportunities to further develop applicable skills
- Gains a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company