An exciting opportunity has arisen for IT Application Developer position.
Developing, maintaining and implementing custom applications for different divisions of the company using modern development tools, techniques, processes, and adhering to industry development standards.
- Executing full lifecycle software development
- Tune, maintain and improve existing applications and tools.
- Working with development team, business analysts, quality assurance analysts and project managers to develop, document and deliver software solutions.
- The above list is not exhaustive, and the post holder will undertake such other duties as required.
Qualifications and experience
- Proven work experience (3+ years) as a Software Developer
- Ability to develop software in Microsoft technologies specifically, C#, Visual Basic and .NET
- Good working knowledge of Agile and Waterfall project management styles.
- Experience of working in a global organization with geographically dispersed team members and users preferred
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, specifically Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with SSRS and SSIS a plus.
- Effective and regular communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with MVC, HTML5, REST, CSS3 a plus
- Bachelor’s in CS/MIS or equivalent work experience
Capabilities and behaviors
- Excellent business and commercial acumen.
- Keen to work in a dynamic and vibrant business and someone who has a can-do attitude.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deliver to deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written skills – ability to bridge the gap between technical and business, translating technical subject matter into a language understood by business users.
- Maintain professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Be flexible with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strive to be an effective team member.
- Strive to advance your skills and display a willingness to accept future development.
- Actively participate in Company training opportunities to further develop skills applicable to your role.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company.
Ideally, candidates have experience working in a global role for a company in the agriculture sector.