The Key Account Manager creates, manages and grows the relationships and business with large, complex accounts in the targeted segments within the assigned areas. Accountable for the sales relationship, growth, profitability and resource integration within each targeted account.
- Increase market share by developing new and existing accounts into long-term and profitable relationships through a robust sales and discovery process.
- Interacts and influences at the highest management levels of the customers.
- Develops customer acquisition and account growth strategies and lead them through execution.
- Supports the development of the strategic customer initiatives to fulfill customer goals and deliver profit targets.
- Negotiate, maintain, and renew customer contracts.
- Act as the customer’s representative and primary customer contact to ABS. Coordinate ABS resources for the customer to increase the customer experience.
- Understand all features and capabilities of ABS products and services and be able to communicate them to the customer.
- Uses internal resources and operational support to accelerate growth and profitability for assigned accounts.
- Continuously cultivates relationships with clients and internal departments through frequent discussion and interaction.
- Forges meaningful relationships with new and existing clients to increase revenue.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years minimum sales experience in relevant field (i.e., animal science, agri-business)
- Recent dairy industry experience required
- Experience in developing sales plans, comfortable speaking profit & loss and developing sales forecasts
- Complex solution or consultative selling experience preferred
- Experience managing a geographical dispersed customer base
- Ability to travel, as needed, within territory to effectively fulfill the role
- Comprehensive understanding of the dairy industry and associated economics
- Understanding of customers’ business environment and challenges to leverage offerings for profitable relationships
- Practical knowledge of bovine genetics preferred
- Ability to establish a rapport and develop long-term relationships with prospective clients
- High-proficiency negotiation skills to construct contracts that mitigate risk and foster “win-win” relationships with customers
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Ability to collaborate with field sales, technical services and other cross-functional partners to solve problems and deliver profitable solutions to customers
- Builds strong, profitable, sustainable customer relationships, anticipating and exceeding customer expectations to increase demand for services and products to build loyalty.
- Anticipates and responds quickly to environmental changes for the benefit of the business and customers, through strong external networks and deep understanding of the markets.
- Drives to set ever higher standards and achieve results through determination, resilience and commitment.
- Develops solutions to enhance the service offering and drive continuous improvement.
- Develops simple, deliverable plans based on pragmatic new thinking, ideas or concepts. Assesses accurately commercial risk and return.
- Champions, leads, supports or embeds change to improve things. Communicates well and helps others by overcoming barriers.
- Analyses opportunities and problems thoughtfully and thoroughly to make good and timely decisions.
- Builds high performing diverse teams, investing resources effectively. Recruits, develops, motivates and retains talent by setting stretching goals and developing capability of self, team and organization.
- Takes a ‘one team’ approach – gains commitment to strategic vision and goals. Builds and maintains networks and relationships, sharing knowledge and experience, delivering on commitments