The primary responsibility of this position is to market bulls from the ABS Beef Genetic Nucleus (GN) program as Natural Service Sires. Ideally, bulls would be marketed as part of a whole herd genetic solution including an AI program designed to meet customer needs. Additional responsibility will focus on growth of the NuEra Connect program and prospecting for large commercial accounts. Over time this role will transition to management and stewardship of these large commercial Key Accounts.
Sale of NuEra bulls to commercial customers for natural service
- Regular monthly trips to the ABS Global headquarters and bull performance testing and development location are expected, in order to develop an intimate understanding of the bulls to be marketed
- Construct and implement a marketing plan to sell bulls to meet budget expectations
- Develop working relationships with key stakeholders to optimize impact. These stakeholders include but are not limited to: GN Manager, GN Herdsmen, ABS Sales Employees and Key Authorized Representatives
- Customer visits and prospecting
Expand NuEra Connect Program
- Develop relationships with partner feedlots to facilitate connecting customers with buyers
- Promote NuEra Connect as a form of calf marketing to customers
- Facilitate performance and carcass data feedback from feedlots to customers and ABS
- Assist GN Manager with annual budgeting and quarterly sales forecasts
- Work with accounts receivable to invoice customers in an accurate and timely fashion
- Explore creative sales models to accommodate customer needs and promote genetic value share
- Expected 50% travel
- Ensure the image and service orientation of the department and ABS remains professional at all times
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s in Animal Science or related field, or 5 years industry experience in a relevant field in lieu of degree
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to effectively communicate through all relevant channels (one on one, public presentations, phone, text, email)
- A track record of follow-through and delivering results
- Detail oriented
- Good computer skills with specific knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Working knowledge of beef cattle production and general concepts of genetic improvement
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Capabilities and Behaviors
- Lives and displays the Genus ABS Values and behaviors at all times in their day to day ways of working.
- Maintain professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Be flexible with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strive to be an effective team member.
- Strive to advance your skills and display a willingness to accept future development.
- Actively participate in Company training opportunities to further develop skills applicable to the department.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company.
- Ensure the image and service orientation of the department and ABS remains professional at all times.