Who Are We?
ABS Global is the world-leading provider of bovine genetics, reproductive services, technologies and udder care products. Marketing in more than 70 countries around the globe, ABS has been at the forefront of animal genetics and technology since its founding in 1941. We are uniquely positioned as a global player with a dedicated research and development function and an international distribution network. We breed and distribute the genes of the world’s best bulls, scientifically selecting livestock whose offspring is designed to increase the profitability of our customers who are some of the world’s biggest farmers and food producers.
This position will be based in theDeforest, WI office site with possible flexibility to partially working remotely.
- Track and analyze marketing and sales trends for the US and Canada.
- Manage North American inventory, the backorder process as well as provide reports for inventory in DeForest main office and field inventories.
- Manage the monthly forecasting needs for North America and prepare monthly orders to Supply Chain.
- Analyze market conditions and customer preferences in specific areas to determine potential sales opportunities of product.
- Prepare reports, data and templates to assist in making best practice decisions on various marketing projects.
- Gather data on competitors and past sales to analyze prices and methods of marketing and distribution.
- Assist in the development of marketing plans, including new/improved processes as needed.
- Work with data sets and databases to assist marketing team in efforts for inventory management, process improvements, automation, and targeted marketing.
- Market research.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agribusiness, Marketing, Business, Economics or related fields desired.
- Practical knowledge of Dairy genetics preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills with proficiency in Access, Word and Power BI; D365 experience is a plus.
- Analytical and critical thinker
- Experience working with, organizing, analyzing and summarizing large data sets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to simplify, consolidate and present complex data.
- Strong organizational skills, methodical, efficient, self-motivated and detail oriented.
Capabilities and Behaviors
- Ability to multi-task in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment.
- Flexible with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strives to be an effective team member and display a willingness to accept future development.
- Build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external customers, including industry leaders, stakeholders, market influencers, and competitive colleagues.
- Actively participate in ABS and/or external training opportunities to further develop skills applicable to the department.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company.
What Can We Offer You?
ABS Global is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Genus plc. Genus plc is a market leader in porcine, dairy and beef genetics and is uniquely positioned as a global player, with a dedicated, multi-species research and development function and an international distribution network.
We offer challenging work environment that encourages a customer-centric approach and focuses on pioneering ideas that makes us the leader in our industry. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and invest in developing our employees so they can grow with the company.
If you are interested in contributing in this key role for one of the most innovative and highly regarded companies in our industry, please apply online by completing the application below.