Who Are We?
ABS Global is the world-leading provider of bovine genetics, reproductive services, technologies and udder care products. Marketing in more than 70 countries around the globe, ABS has been at the forefront of animal genetics and technology since its founding in 1941. We are uniquely positioned as a global player with a dedicated research and development function and an international distribution network. We breed and distribute the genes of the world’s best bulls, scientifically selecting livestock whose offspring is designed to increase the profitability of our customers who are some of the world’s biggest farmers and food producers.
Our vision is clear: Pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish the world.
The Midwest District Sales Manager is a critical member of our North America Sales team leading a team of field sales and reproductive technicians covering Wisconsin, Minnesota, Eastern Iowa & Northern Illinois. You will be accountable for leading and developing a high-performance team that is focused on building strong, profitable, sustainable customer relationships.
High level summary of accountabilities includes:
- Deliver sustainable operating growth and provide best-in-class service to customers
- Overall P&L responsibility
- Drive new business development and revenue growth through customer centricity
- Attract, recruit, lead, develop and manage the overall performance of a team of reproductive technicians and sales professionals
- Collaborate with key teams around the business with a “One team’ approach –shows commitment our strategic vision and goals.
- Build and maintain networks and relationships and shares knowledge and expertise.
The successful candidate will bring:
- Agriculture background or experience in agriculture or related field
- Sales experience in an organization with multi-channel sales team servicing both transactional and value-added solutions
- Experience leading successful sales teams
- Practical knowledge of bovine genetics preferred but not required
- Well-versed and experience working with dairy operations, understand the business drivers and challenges to leverage offerings for profitable relationships
- Commercially astute with the prove ability to create effective strategic plans to satisfy needs of the customer and the business
- Proven relationship sales management with a consultative approach in the development of long-term business relationships
- Team mindset
- Excellent interpersonal skills and working across teams and influencing others
- Ability to meet travel demands within your region
What Can We Offer You?
ABS Global is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Genus plc. Genus plc is a market leader in porcine, dairy and beef genetics and is uniquely positioned as a global player, with a dedicated, multi-species research and development function and an international distribution network.
We offer challenging work environment that encourages a customer-centric approach and focuses on pioneering ideas that makes us the leader in our industry. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and invest in developing our employees so they can grow with the company.
If you are interested in contributing in this key role for one of the most innovative and highly regarded companies in our industry, please apply online at https://careers-genusplc.icims.com/jobs/2861/district-sales-manager/job?mode=view