We have an immediate opening for a highly motivated professional to join our team as Production Lab Tech located within the DeForest, WI and Dekorra, WI areas.
This is a full-time position, with full benefits and competitive pay.
Under the direction of the Lab Supervisor, this position will be responsible for working within a team to learn and assist in the processing, packaging, and quality control of bovine semen. This role will aid in achieving current and forecasted production goals and will actively seek opportunities for improvement and professional development. The Production Laboratory Technician will be expected to contribute both individually and as a team member—providing support to all team members and ensuring responsibilities are completed within production timelines.
- Provide accurate, timely and quality packaging of semen in accordance to ABS standards
- Assist in accurate sorting, and application of tags for racks. Prepare racks for daily use, ensuring availability of racks for timely packaging.
- Assist in the startup and printing of straws meeting quality, quantity, and timing expectations.
- Assist in the precision operation of filler and sealer machines, while maintaining correct product identity procedures throughout the process.
- Ensure the quality of semen by adhering to ABS standards, which involve working in cold environments for long periods of time
- Prepare materials for the barns.
- Adhere to proper cleaning, sanitation and sterilization protocols for all processing and collection equipment.
- Assist in the taking of samples to analyze in the IVOS cell analyzer to ensure high quality semen for packaging.
- Assist in the thawing and taking samples to analyze in the IVOS cell analyzer for post-thaw motility in accordance to set protocols. Make accurate calculations for reporting.
- Accurately complete bull collection records and generate accurate barn reports daily.
- Accurately maintain and update straw printer database and tag usage database.
- Make accurate and efficient use of Production Tracking worksheets and reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Team Contributor Responsibilities
- Maintain professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Be flexible with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strive to be an effective team member.
- Display willingness to perform non-routine tasks as needed to ensure overall productivity is high.
- Approach work with positive enthusiasm and generate constructive questions and/or input when necessary.
- Consistently seek out more efficient and productive ways to handle tasks within the labs.
- Actively participate in group meetings to discuss current happenings and brainstorm solutions to problems.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required;
- Post-High School education in a production or laboratory environment is preferred;
- Experience in a production laboratory environment highly preferred
- Excellent manual dexterity;
- Strong attention to detail and respect for quality assurance is required;
- Basic math skills;
- Basic computer skills;
- Basic knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel