An exciting opportunity has arisen for R&D Strategy and Operations Lead position.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly talented, motivated professional to join our team as a R&D Strategy & Operations Lead located just outside of Madison, Wisconsin. The R&D Strategy & Operations Lead will help to drive the success of R&D organization by driving strategy, creating synergies across the business units and functions, building consensus among cross-functional teams, influencing decisions making, building productive and positive relationships across the organization at all levels.
- Ensure that the organization is running effectively and efficiently to meet goals and objectives, find and pursue cost reduction opportunities, improve processes to minimize complexities and promote effective operations.
- Work with the functions leads to develop and lead implementation of the successful portfolio management process including business case, scope, cost, schedule, action cycles, risks, issues, decisions, interdependencies and milestones.
- Ensure that the projects are effectively prioritized, and results meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule and cost, recommend cost adjustment or resource addition.
- Identify and implement new initiatives with key stakeholders to develop, champion, and launch new initiatives.
- Partner with Finance and the business to manage, analyze and review organizational budgets, measure & track ROI, and reconcile and explain discrepancies.
- Run organizational planning and business process in alignment with all other functions to develop vision, mission, goals, objectives and key results, resource and capital plans, etc.
- Work with Global Communication Director to create, manage and maintain specific communications and cadence for R&D Townhalls, Safety related events, Genus Scientific Conference, GPSC, team meetings, team meetings, ongoing communications, etc.
- Help to increase visibility, drive alignment, and resolve blockers.
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommend best practices.
- Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions.
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Due to specialized knowledge, typically leads teams/projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity.
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgement and identify innovative solutions.
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view.
- Good financial understanding/ Ability to manage a budget.
- 5-7 years experience
- Bachelors degree required, advanced degree (MSc, PhD, MBA) preferred
- Previous experience in a R&D driven company preferred
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Strong demonstrated communication skills
Capabilities and Behaviors
- Customer impact: builds strong, profitable, sustainable customer relationships, anticipating and exceeding customer expectations to increase demand for services and products in order to build loyalty.
- Managing external environment: anticipates and responds quickly to environmental changes for the benefit of the business and customers, through strong external networks and deep understanding of the markets.
- Execution Orientation: Drives to set ever higher standards and achieve results through determination, resilience and commitment.Develops solutions to enhance the service offering and drive continuous improvement.
- Setting Direction: develops simple, deliverable plans based on pragmatic new thinking, ideas or concepts.Assesses accurately commercial risk and return.
- Change management: Champions, leads, support or embeds change to improve things.Communicates well and helps others by overcoming barriers.
- Analysis and Decision Making: Analyses opportunities and problems thoughtfully and thoroughly to make good and timely decisions.
- Team Mobilization: builds high performing diverse teams, investing resources effectively.Recruits, develops, motivates and retains talent by setting stretching goals and developing capability of self, team and organization.
- Collaboration: ‘One team’ approach – gains commitment to strategic vision and goals.Builds and maintains networks and relationships, sharing knowledge and experience, delivering on commitments.
The following are qualities that are the foundations on which Genus team members work:
- A desire to work to make a difference in the communities & countries that we work in
- Delivery on commitments – do what you say you are going to do
- Alignment with the business goals and values
Ideally, candidates have experience working in a global role for a company in the agriculture sector.