ABS Global, Inc. is a world leader in the production and marketing of bovine genetics, reproductive services, artificial insemination technologies, and udder care products.
We are currently recruiting for 2021 Interns to join our field team as Reproductive Technician.
The Reproductive Technician Intern will work closely with the local Reproductive Team Leaders, Sales Managers and/or the Technician Service team in providing support to resolve product/service technical issues and to maximize the benefits derived from the organization’s products and/or services.
Current locations: WI, MI, OH, VA, PA & Canada
Duration: 12 weeks
- Gain an understanding of ABS proven technical solutions through hands-on involvement and training with clients, staff, and local ABS management.
- Understand the general farm operation and handling cattle including reproductive skills and safety procedures.
- Learn to measure and report progress and results of technical service initiatives.
- Acquire knowledge in seeking new ways to deliver value to customers in co-operation with the technical service team and new business development.
- Exposure to real industry seminars, producer meetings, and in-house meetings and publications.
- Develop proficient skills in PCDart, DC305, and/or BoviSynch software.
Responsibilities include but no limited to:
- Opportunity to assist a GMS evaluator coding cows.
- Opportunity to assist a Repro Tech with customers, develop on-farm procedures to help facilitate the implementation of RMS in each customer’s operation, cooperate with other farm advisors (Vet, Nutritionist, etc.) to integrate RMS into the total farm management plan.
- Opportunity to assist Sales Reps on their route with deliveries, service, sales call, and with ABS udder care products.
- Represent ABS Global in a manner consistent with company values.
- Ensure ABS Global is a healthy and safe environment to work by observing both the company safety rules and the policies/guidelines.
- Pursuing an Agribusiness, Animal Science, Dairy or Veterinary degree or related field is preferred but not required
- Spanish speaking is a plus, but not required
- Willingness to travel
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and accept challenges
- Positive attitude