ABS has an exciting opportunity for a Reproductive Technician role in Ontario County, NY.
The Repro Tech provides technical knowledge, advice and support to sales representatives, resellers and customers during the sales process to resolve requests regarding product/service technical issues and to maximize the benefits derived from the organization’s products and/or services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Developed knowledge and technical skills through formal training or considerable work experience
- Applies established technical skills and develops advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the position or specialization
- Works within established procedures with a moderate degree of supervision
- Has established technical skills to perform a range of day-to-day activities
- Understands how the assigned duties relate to others in the team and how the team integrates with others in the discipline
- Has no supervisory responsibilities; manages own workload
- Uses communication skills to exchange information
Genus Core Behaviours / Competencies
Customer impact: builds strong, profitable, sustainable customer relationships, anticipating and exceeding customer expectations to increase demand for services and products in order to build loyalty.
Managing external environment: anticipates and responds quickly to environmental changes for the benefit of the business and customers, through strong external networks and deep understanding of the markets.
Execution Orientation: Drives to set ever higher standards and achieve results through determination, resilience and commitment. Develops solutions to enhance the service offering and drive continuous improvement.
Setting Direction: develops simple, deliverable plans based on pragmatic new thinking, ideas or concepts. Assesses accurately commercial risk and return.
Change management: Champions, leads, support or embeds change to improve things. Communicates well and helps others by overcoming barriers.
Analysis and Decision Making: Analyses opportunities and problems thoughtfully and thoroughly to make good and timely decisions.
Team Mobilisation: builds high performing diverse teams, investing resources effectively. Recruits, develops, motivates and retains talent by setting stretching goals and developing capability of self, team and organisation.
Collaboration: ‘One team’ approach – gains commitment to strategic vision and goals. Builds and maintains networks and relationships, sharing knowledge and experience, delivering on commitments.
The following are qualities that are the foundations on which Genus team members work:
- A desire to work to make a difference in the communities & countries that we work in
- Delivery on commitments – do what you say you are going to do
- Alignment with the business goals and values
Essential Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Accountable for the safe, efficient and successful insemination of customer’s herds.
- Provide heat detection and insemination service to assigned customers
- Working with the customer, develop on-farm procedures to help facilitate implementation of RMS in each customer’s operation
- Cooperate with other farm advisors (Vet, Nutritionist, etc.) to integrate RMS into total farm management plan
- Help locate, train and develop competent relief help
- Work cooperatively with Independent Reps in the area.
- Develop and maintain professional and effective relationships with management, sales team, Independent Representatives and customers. Represent ABS Global in a manner consistent with company values.
- To ensure the image and service orientation of the department and ABS remain professional at all times. To strive to develop new skills and assume greater responsibility within the department and organization.
- Ensure ABS Global is a healthy and safe environment to work by observing both the company safety rules and the policies/guideline
- Travel required. % varies by territory.
- Bachelor of Science degree or Associates degree in Agribusiness or related field preferred
- Valid state Driver’s License
- Minimum 1 year insemination experience preferred
- Stand, sit and walk for long periods of time
- Lift, push, pull up to 50 lbs
- Effective listening and communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills