Position Location: Upper Midwest
The Sales Team Leader promotes and sells beef semen and solutions to current and new end customers within an assigned geography. This role informs ABS Representatives and customers of new product/service introductions and prices, monitors and revises lead generation plans to ensure a substantive sales opportunity pipeline.
This is a great development role with a path into a District Business Manager position to cover the upper mid-west region with potential relocation to other regions/another region in the future. Candidate must be willing to relocate as the business evolves.
- Support overall sales goals of the team by proactive management of sales and account allocation within the district in order to grow ABS sales and market share. Attain team sales goal as defined for each fiscal year.
- Work with list of specific reps defined by DBM on a yearly basis
- Develop with DBM Manager a plan to market AI and synchronization services
- Work with DBM to attract, recruit and develop successful sales and service personnel.
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of ABS Beef Sales within district and division to help provide input as to areas to address
- Conducts performance management process of the sales/service team to include establishing learning and development plans, coach on best practices and training.
- Develop and implement direct herd sales programs for assigned herds within the assigned area. Attain personal sales goal as defined for each fiscal year.
- Provide timely response to voice mail, email, fax and requests for information. Create and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers via professional and respectful interaction.
- Maintain current customer information in CRM.
- Understand all features and capabilities of ABS products and services and be able to communicate them to the customer
- Enlist pro-active marketing efforts in response to competing AI company penetration.
- Provide accurate and timely sales reports or progress toward established goals on a monthly basis or when specifically requested.
- Manage expenses, inventory, accounts receivable, and company assets within established guidelines.
- Continuously advance your skills and display a willingness to accept ongoing development activities.
- Establish a development plan with Human Resources and DBM to provide career path
- Work with other Beef Enterprise employees to gain understanding and insight into the ABS business
- Effectively implement and ensure compliance with the policies, programs and directive of the company.
- Observe and follow all company health and safety policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Agribusiness or related field preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of applicable sales and marketing experience, preferably in the agriculture industry.
- Strong reproductive management skills preferred
- Ability to manage a geographical dispersed customer base. Up to 80% travel may be required.
- Valid driver’s license
- Relocation may be required
Capabilities and Behaviors
- Lives and displays the Genus ABS Values and behaviors at all times in their day to day ways of working.
- Effective listening and communications kills.
- Proficiency in time management and organizational skills.
- Solid sales skills including effective persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Ability to interact with multiple levels of personnel.