This position will serve as the genetic lead and subject matter expert for the genetic component of strategic and key accounts. This position will deliver thought leadership, as well as creation and implementation skills, to the design and on-farm delivery of genetic plans and ongoing genetic validation. This role will also contribute to the design and deployment of the global genetic services offering (a portfolio of services and tools) which will be in alignment with the global dairy & beef business strategies. The position will also have responsibilities for technical transfer between the research group and implementation with our commercial customers. The position will be based out of De Forest, but virtual with a commitment to travel to De Forest on a regular cadence will be considered.
- Build and deliver scientifically sound novel tools/methodologies to improve the genetic plans of ABS customers
- Communicate and interact closely with other team members in Product Development, R&D, genetic services specialists, strategic account management and sales
- Partner with genetic services specialists from around the world to help determine tools and strategies that can be improved and to share best practices.
- Be a key member of an account management team for at least 1 strategic account
- Provide genetic concept training to other team members when needed
- Assist in technology transfers between groups within Genus
Qualifications and Experience
- Ph.D. in animal genetics or related discipline. A Masters with a demonstrated history will be considered
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in industry or with dairy or beef producers
- A competent level of programing experience
- Experiences working with large databases and on-farm management software
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to evaluate commercial dairy data and systems and to generate intervention strategies to improve processes, production, and financial results
- Ability to work in and maintain performance own expectations in diverse cultural contexts and fast paced environment
Capabilities and Behaviors
- Always lives and displays the Genus ABS Values and behaviors in their day-to-day ways of working.
- Maintain professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Be flexible with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strive to be an effective team member.
- Strive to advance your skills and display a willingness to accept future development.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company.
- Ensure the image and service orientation of the department and ABS always remains professional.
- Display willingness to perform non-routine tasks as needed to ensure overall productivity is high.