Genus ABS are looking for a caring and dedicated individual with a passion for calf rearing, health and welfare to join the Production team based in Llandyrnog, North Wales. You will primarily focus on caring for our beef and dairy genetic nucleaus calves and youngstock. Calf health is a priority and maintaining our high standards is vital.
This position is based at our new site and strives for the best calf care and welfare, using data collection and new technologies to monitor progress and performance. This is a unique opportunity to work within a team determined to be the best calf rearing facility in the country.
Responsibilities of a Calf Rearer:
- Daily routine of feeding high value calves
- Following protocols to ensure consistency in care
- Daily husbandry of the calves and youngstock
- Hygiene and cleanliness of calf housing and equipment
- Working with high value animlas to support the development of future generations and their impact in our customer herds around the globe
- A passion for calf health and welfare
- Previous experience of animal husbandry
- Strong awareness and respect of bio-security protocols
- Great communication skills to work with the team to deliver highest standards of husbandry
- Have an interest in and enthusiasm for farming, agriculture and food production industry and, willing to discover more about Genus ABS
You will receive:
- Competitive salary and benefits package (including a discretionary bonus, company pension, and shopping discounts)
- Favourable working hours
- 25 days’ holiday entitlement (not including bank holidays)
- Training and ongoing development opportunities
- Full uniform and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided
- The opportunities that come with working for a global organisation
To apply please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected].