The Distributor Business Manager is responsible for managing the Genus ABS relationship and commercial performance of the Distributor business, in conjunction with the Distributor Director. Support the Distributor management and field team to maximize growth through Technical and Consultative Sales expertise within agreed target accounts.
- Be a leader in transforming ABS from Selling and distributing semen and providing reproductive solutions to Driving genetic progress in progressive and profit focused herds
- To develop the ABS route to market – primarily by education on genetics, sales methodology and fertility to distributor employees, but also making changes in the route where appropriate.
- To own the supply chain process from our bull to customer’s cow
- To drive business planning strategy within designated region beyond the traditional ABS distributor model based on a differentiated science based offering
- Build the strength of the ABS brand in the market by delighting end customers
- To provide a consultative sales approach to maximize growth in large accounts in conjunction with the Distributor sales team – utilizing Genus ABS end customer database (CRM) and building segmentation knowledge
- Highly developed awareness of competitors, anticipating their activities and developing proactive plans to counter them. Report competitor activity as appropriate through informal communication and formal written monthly report
- Initiate an annual written 360 degree review of key individuals and functions within the relationship
- Initiate an annual Strategic planning meeting in January for each next three year cycle. Operational planning meeting once per sire summary period.
Key requirements – knowledge skills and experience
- Multiple languages are a strong advantage. Advanced English is a necessity.
- It is anticipated two weeks per month will be spent travelling. Working with Distributor management team and with the sales team or attending team meetings
- Detailed knowledge of Dairy Genetics
- Extensive relevant industry experience
- Proven ability to seek out sales opportunities and make decisions that appropriately balance short and long term expectations
- Willingness to learn and adapt skills and knowledge appropriate to role, including information technologies
- Excellent communication and influencing skills and the ability to work under their own initiative and with minimal supervision
- Holder of current valid driving license.
- Highly numerate with strong financial acumen and highly literate
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrable ‘can do’ attitude.
- Execution orientated: balancing principles and pragmatism, risk and reward
- Positive attitude to change and demonstrate desire to learn new things and be involved in new tasks/activities/products/projects
- Understands own leadership style, and varies it to gain hearts and minds. Encourages and respects different styles
- Champions sharing knowledge, resources, expertise and talent
For a self-motivated candidate with the attitude and approach to succeed, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, together with the opportunities that come with working for a global organisation.
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to [email protected] for the role of Distributor Business Manager by 31st August 2021.