Genus ABS is recruiting for a Genetic Services Specialist to join the Northern Ireland team on a part-time basis.
We are looking for an experienced dairy professional with the ability to support farmers to achieve genetic goals within their herd.
Join us at Genus ABS as a Genetic Service Specialist and lead in the delivery of solutions including; GENEadvance®, Genetic Management System® (GMS®), HYVIG™ and Sexcel® and Beef InFocus™ strategies, to enhance customer competencies and, train and develop knowledge in the Genus ABS team.
You will be provided with training and support from our team of experts to enable you to work autonomously to ensure all customer farms within Northern Ireland can achieve the herd’s genetic potential.
This is a great opportunity to develop new skills and knowledge to complement other ongoing personal and professional projects within the farming and agriculture industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Define customer genetic improvement plans, assist in genetic selection and complete genetic reviews
- Provide genetic expertise directly to high value, key & valued customers and prospects to ensure genetic improvement plans maximise customer success and profitability
- As an output of own work, enable Sales and Service colleagues to engage with customers using genetic solutions for more efficient delivery of customer-centric genetic improvement plans and validating customer outcomes
- Contribute to the definition of pioneering Genus ABS genetic improvement plan solutions, data management and technology solutions with the value proposition
- Share expertise and insights through collaboration with Genetic Services to progress the department strategy, further strengthening core competencies and harnessing innovation
- Driving licence
- Relevant work experience in dairy farming
- Proven ability to work with autonomy to make decisions, organising and prioritising own work
- Excellent communication skills to engage with a range of audiences
SummaryJob title: Genetic Services Specialist | Location: County Down, Northern Ireland | Hours: Day shift | Contract: Permanent | Schedule: Monday to Friday | Salary: Competitive | Bonus scheme: Yearly | Availability: Immediate Start
Email your CV to [email protected]
- Flexible schedule
- Travel expenses
- Company events
- Private dental insurance
- Wellness programmes
- Gym membership
- Company pension (Enhanced by Genus)
- Sick pay
- Store discounts
- Referral programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Language training provided and support for continuous professional development (CPD)