Genus ABS are looking for a people and process-orientated individual who enjoys working with pace and precision to join the Laboratory team based in Ruthin, North Wales. As a Laboratory Team Leader, you will manage the team, operate our production equipment and carry out a variety of lab-based processes. This will involve processing collections from our world-class bulls ready for freezing and onward distribution. Your work will play an important part in the beef and dairy food supply chain. Full training will be provided at the start of your role with Genus ABS.
Responsibilities of a Laboratory Team Leader:
- Lead and coordinate the daily activities among a small team
- Manage the team through all aspects of the employment cycle
- Support the Lab Manager in communicating and delivering business goals
- Analyse and process daily collection samples
- Work in line with agreed processes and standard operating procedures and safety requirements
- Work with colleagues to troubleshoot any issues effectively
- Participate in continuous operational improvement
- Previous experience in a team leadership role
- Great communication skills with the ability to motivate and inspire colleagues
- Ability to work in a thorough manner with the persistence to see a job through to conclusion
- Strong attention to detail and respect for quality assurance
- Experience of working in a laboratory or production environment
- Be flexible to work across on-site working hours
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected].