The Genus Laboratory team is growing and introducing the new Production Supervisor role.
We are looking for an organised and detailed individual to lead our team of four Laboratory Technicians.
You will be involved and responsible for the day-to-day running of the laboratory as per standard operating procedures, delegating tasks and responsibilities to the Technicians and troubleshooting any issues with processes or equipment.
Reporting directly to the Laboratory Manager, you will be involved in business-wide projects, lead meetings and present findings to colleagues.
The work you complete in the laboratory is essential to ensuring Genus ABS customer farms receive the genetics required to meet business goals of producing healthier and more sustainable animals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate all instruments and conduct all processing tasks while ensuring the day-to-day running of the laboratory as per standard operating procedures
- Monitor and address quality within your scope of ability
- Effectively troubleshoot any issues with process and equipment, follow escalation procedures when required
- Delegate responsibilities and assign daily duties to your team
- Support, train and develop your team of individuals
- Lead and present information at meetings
- Collaborate with colleagues in production projects
Job title: Production Supervisor (Laboratory) | Location: Ruthin (LL15 2UP), North Wales | Hours: Day shift | Contract: Permanent | Schedule: Monday to Friday | Salary: Competitive | Bonus scheme: Yearly | Availability: Immediate Start
- Proven ability to organise and prioritise work
- Occasional travel to other sites in the United Kingdom
- Previous laboratory or manufacturing experience desirable (transferable skills, particularly from the food and beverage sector)
- Proven leadership experience is advantageous
Please email your CV to [email protected]
- Free on-site parking and electric vehicle charging points
- Newly built laboratory and facilities
- Company events
- Private dental insurance
- Wellness programmes
- Gym membership
- Company pension (Enhanced by Genus)
- Sick pay
- Store discounts
- Referral programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Language training provided and support for continuous professional development (CPD)