The Genus ABS team is recruiting in County Down. We are looking for a customer-focused person to support our customer farms in producing healthy and productive animals.
Join us at Genus ABS as a Reproduction Management Specialist to visit up to eight unique farms per day to carry out an artificial insemination service for herds of up to 900 cows.
Customers will trust you to identify cows in heat and implement the genetic plan using Genus ABS‘ superior bulls. In addition, you will work closely with the farmers to track, record and relay the health and well-being data of the animals.
You will join an established team, working together to support dairy and beef farmers in the area. Your ability to build relationships and communicate effectively is essential.
Your Team Leader and Trainer will support you in developing the skills and knowledge to be a trusted partner to Genus ABS customers. As a trainee, you will observe skilled team members, partake in a full-expenses-paid trip to England and receive guidance from an experienced Trainer.
Contact the Talent Acquisition team by email with any questions at [email protected]
You will be recognised as a key worker to support the beef and dairy food supply chain, offering essential bovine reproductive services to customer farms daily.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Visit customer farms to heat-detect cows and analyse computer records before artificially inseminating the appropriate animals
- Support the farm team to improve fertility within the herd; producing healthier and more productive cows to meet the business goals
- Work with colleagues to provide outstanding customer service and animal health and welfare; increasing customer loyalty to Genus ABS‘ products and services
- Make informed decisions based on the genetic plan, animal behaviour and data you have available; identifying solutions and presenting recommendations to improve your personal and team performance
- Full driving license
- Available to work on a rota basis – 7 days a week, including early mornings and days. Shifts are planned at least one month in advance
SummaryJob title: Reproduction Management Specialist| Location: County Down, Northern Ireland | Hours: (8-hour shift) | Schedule: Mornings, Day shift | Contract type: Permanent | Salary: Competitive | Bonus: Yearly | Availability: Immediate Start
Email your CV to [email protected]
- Mornings, Day shift
- Fully expenses company vehicle for work purposes
- Company events
- Private dental insurance
- Wellness programmes
- Gym membership
- Company pension (Enhanced by Genus)
- Sick pay
- Store discounts
- Referral programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Language training provided and support for continuous professional development (CPD)