The Technical Services Manager develops and delivers a strategy to create ABS EMEA value through effective deployment of technical resources across business operations.
This roles harnesses leadership, analytical skills and technical expertise within animal health and well-being to build value orientated propositions with ABS partners, to ensure ABS resources; people, products and services, are positioned to exceed the evolving needs of the market.
Essential duties and responsibilites include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own discipline; managing people and resources working within the EMEA Technical Services team ensuring objectives and development plans are in place whilst supervising daily activities
- Identify the ABS EMEA Technical Service strategy as a component of EMEA Technical and Genetic Services Strategy
- Adapts Technical and Genetic Service departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges; leads engagement with General Management, Service Directors, Technical Services Managers, Marketing, Finance and Human Resources to prioritise key projects and resource requirements
- Defines business critical technical solution development needs; decisions are guided by policies, procedures and ABS EMEA business plan; receives guidance from Technical and Genetic Services Director
- Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers
- Requires in-depth understanding of concepts, theories and principles in own discipline and basic knowledge of other disciplines
- Manages a generally homogeneous team of professionals; adapts plans and priorities to meet service and/or operational challenges
- Impacts the level of service and the team’s ability to meet quality, volume, and timeliness objectives
- Communicates Technical Service strategic and operational progress monthly to keep key stakeholders informed
- Working as ‘One Team’, uses knowledge of how related teams impact achievement of objectives and builds influencing capabilities to succeed
Genus Core Behaviours / Competencies
- Customer impact: builds strong, profitable, sustainable customer relationships, anticipating and exceeding customer expectations to increase demand for services and products in order to build loyalty.
- Managing external environment: anticipates and responds quickly to environmental changes for the benefit of the business and customers, through strong external networks and deep understanding of the markets.
- Execution Orientation: Drives to set ever higher standards and achieve results through determination, resilience and commitment. Develops solutions to enhance the service offering and drive continuous improvement.
- Setting Direction: develops simple, deliverable plans based on pragmatic new thinking, ideas or concepts. Assesses accurately commercial risk and return.
- Change management: Champions, leads, support or embeds change to improve things. Communicates well and helps others by overcoming barriers.
- Analysis and Decision Making: Analyses opportunities and problems thoughtfully and thoroughly to make good and timely decisions.
- Team Mobilisation: builds high performing diverse teams, investing resources effectively. Recruits, develops, motivates and retains talent by setting stretching goals and developing capability of self, team and organisation.
- Collaboration: ‘One team’ approach – gains commitment to strategic vision and goals. Builds and maintains networks and relationships, sharing knowledge and experience, delivering on commitments.
The following are qualities that are the foundations on which Genus team members work:
• A desire to work to make a difference in the communities & countries that we work in
• Delivery on commitments – do what you say you are going to do
• Alignment with the business goals and values
|Essential Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned. (Include NO more than 10 functions)||% of position|
• Define an ABS EMEA Technical Service strategy outcomes of which have clear and sustainable value creation, for business operations to deliver to customers
• Share expertise and insights through collaboration with colleagues to progress the business strategy, further strengthening core competencies and harnessing innovation
• Interrogates business results and operations to identify strengths, opportunities and risks with appropriate plans to address prominent needs
• Develop deep knowledge of market needs and value association
• Define data management and technology solutions with value proposition influencing 3rd party product development
• Maintain a highly developed knowledge of competitor activity; ability to cite key points of difference
• Participates in ABS EMEA projects as a subject matter expert and representing Technical Services EMEA
• Provide technical expertise directly to select, high value, key customers across EMEA to ensure technical improvement plans maximise customer success
• As an output of Technical Services, enable Sales and Service colleagues to engage with customers using technical solutions for more efficient delivery of customer-centric technical and genetic improvement plans and validating customer outcomes
• Anticipates customer demands and emerging trends, taking responsibility for developing propositions for the solutions
• Champions becoming a People Magnet
• Grow team resource capabilities to ensure Technical Services strategy can be delivered
• Ensure team have performance review cycles and development plans in place
• Influence EMEA wide technical expertise growth
|Continued professional development|
• Identify and maintain a personal development plan to enable growth of self in role and into future roles
• Undertake personal professional development to grow own capabilities in leadership and technical expertise
|Travel||• Willing and able to travel in and around region/territory with limited global travel|
|Education||• Specialist sector-based; Veterinary Surgeon degree with evidence of further Masters, Diploma or Certificate preferable|
|Licenses/Certifications||• Full driving license|
|Experience||• Demonstrable experience of working within the agriculture industry harnessing technical expertise|
• Advanced level knowledge of cattle health, wellbeing, daily management, technology and software solutions
• Previous experience of people management and growing talent
|Other||• Ability to work with autonomy to make decisions and lead a team to success|
• Excellent communication skills to engage with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
• Positive attitude to change and demonstrative desire to learn
For a self-motivated candidate with the attitude and approach to succeed, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, together with the opportunities that come with working for a global organisation
To apply please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 23rd April