Building on Genus’ research, development, innovative work and new technology development approach, Genus R&D is looking for a Senior External Affairs Specialist. In this role, you will work collaboratively across Genus and our agency partners to guide and implement our technology acceptance strategy. This position reports to the Senior Director of External Affairs and Technology Acceptance.
This role is all about proactively managing relationships with Genus’ key external stakeholders: industry, government and regulatory officials, and journalists. In addition, you will play a critical role in fostering communication, alignment, coordination and engagement across all of the Genus businesses in support of Genus R&D’s external affairs and communications program.
Responsibilities of a Senior External Affairs Specialist:
- Proactively develop and execute external affairs engagement and communication programs in support of the technology acceptance effort
- Cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships internally across all Genus businesses, as well as key external stakeholders, industry organizations and influencers and the media
- Work closely with agency partners to create compelling creative assets, to share Genus’ research, development and innovation story with external audiences
- Help build the external brand and social communities through an ongoing social media and thought-leadership strategy and campaign
- Support identifying, evaluating and managing executive and senior leadership involvement in high impact events, including identifying events with a strong reputation building return on investment
- Innate passion for agriculture, animal breeding, animal production, sustainability, technology and food
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree with experience in the field of food, livestock, agriculture and ag technology preferable
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (both written and verbal) and negotiation skills with senior leaders, stakeholders and partner organisations
- Demonstrated experience in building media relationships and experience working with agencies
- Results-driven and self-starter comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrable project management capabilities including planning and implementing all aspects of projects
Technology and innovations enable much of everything Genus does, allowing for more accuracy, precision, and for aptly pinpointing desirable traits in animals. The team adopts a plethora of breakthrough technologies, including gene editing and reproductive biology.
Farmers are very open about welcoming more science and technologies to their operations. Farmers are the ones who are really invested in making our whole food chain sustainable and healthy.Global Thought Leaders and Genus PLC: A Sustainable Food System Starts with Better Animal Breeding
You are able to view the article and associated film in full by clicking here.
For a self-motivated candidate with the attitude and approach to succeed, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, together with the opportunities that come with working for a global organisation.
This role offers remote working opportunities. Post-pandemic, there will be a need to travel on occasion and attend our Basingstoke office when needed.
Apply by 11th August 2021 by sending your CV and cover letter to [email protected].