The Strategic Account Manager promotes and sells a portfolio of technical and/or nontechnical products and/or services and solutions directly to current and new end customers in Northern and Eastern Europe and North Africa. This role informs customers of new product/service introductions and prices, and creates, monitors and revises lead generation plans to ensure a substantive sales opportunity pipeline.
- Utilize expert skills and knowledge (of products, industry, customer business) to build relationships and offer relevant solutions to large progressive farms to maximize their profit potential
- Be an expert prospector with the ability to quickly identify opportunities to add value, develop new customer relationships and drive long term business gain
- Look for opportunities to differentiate ourselves against the competition and have specific plans for each of your customers.
- Working collaboratively with distributor’s teams and directly with multiple points of contact within strategic accounts to provide commercial solutions
- Need to develop own income stream within 50k cows across no more than five countries in a creative, but compliant way.
- Be the commercial lead for the ABS team adding value to on that account and own the implementation of services
- Help drive business strategy amongst the strategic account segments.
- Utilize the services of colleagues in the Genetic Services and Technical Services team to maximize sales potential and demonstrate value to the customer.
- Travel 80-100 days per year internationally for in person meetings.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Requirements
- Minimum 5-7-10 years of previous experience of remote senior sales people management in a company with divers sales channels
- Have a good understanding of P&L, budgetary control and experience in financial accountability
- Strong knowledge of bovine genetic and good knowledge of dairy/ beef market
- Effective time management, organization and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels
- The ability to work under own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to demonstrate commerciality, business acumen and the ability to think strategically
- Relevant agricultural qualification preferable but not essential
- Able to demonstrate the Genus core Values of: Results Driven, Customer Focus, People Focus, Pioneering, Responsible
- English language at advanced level
For a self-motivated candidate with the attitude and approach to succeed, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, together with the opportunities that come with working for a global organisation.
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to EMEA.Recruitment@genusplc.com for the role of Strategic Account Manager by 15th June 2021.