Genus ABS are looking for a highly motivated Supply Chain Manager to join the Team. This is an important role that manages the imports and exports of our valuable global genetics on a daily basis. In doing so, you will be keeping our team of Specialists active throughout the region so that we can work with customers to pioneer animal genetic improvement to nourish the world.
The role requires effective strategic leadership balanced with operational management for all supply chain activities to ensure that best practice is adopted. You will need experience in engaging with peers across functions to create a seamless experience, good attention to detail, demonstratable influencing skills, as well as the ability to translate strategic objectives into results.
Responsibilities of a Supply Chain Manager:
- Build and maintain strong and trusting relationships with suppliers to ensure best quality product and service provided for the company
- Oversee management operations of our distribution hubs, ensuring all aspects of the Warehousing and Distribution function work efficiently in order to deliver company strategic objectives
- Engage with peers across functions to deliver a seamless global supply chain experience
- Work with our 3rd party warehousing partners for non-genetic products to improve processes and systems to drive efficiency and effectiveness for the company
- Responsible for the smooth running of the supply chain team, ensuring the export supply and import supply for all EMEA including the timely movement of goods across borders along with the accurate record keeping and customs compliance
- Ensure stock control and inventory level meet the seasonal needs of the business, anticipating the demand with effective use of sales data and forecasting whilst ensuring that stock is maintained to regulatory and compliance standards
- Relevant degree qualification essential and MCIPS
- Lean Six Sigma or Kaizen certification highly desirable
- Prior experience in a similar role with demonstable results
- Proven track record of success through a focus on continuous improvement
- Be an effective communicator to engage with and influence stakeholders
- Have an interest or passion for the agriculture industry
For a self-motivated candidate with the attitude and approach to succeed, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, together with the opportunities that come with working for a global organisation.
This role offers remote working opportunities. Post-pandemic, there will be a need to travel within the UK on occasion.
Apply by sending your CV and cover letter to [email protected].