Working within the Genetic Services Team, and reporting to the National Genetic Services Manager, the key purpose of this role is to demonstrate the value of Genetics to our customers, driving genetic progress through the use of relevant on farm tools.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Evaluating and reviewing current herd genetic performance, while feeding this back to customers and other industry professionals.
• Identifying customer genetic needs, and creating the genetic plan to achieve this.
• Working collaboratively with both the local account manager and customer to ensure correct implementation of breeding strategy.
• Implementation and delivery of the Genetic Management System (GMS) on farm.
• Delivering Genus ABS’ female genomic testing solution at a local level.
• Using available data, Identify the best females to breed replacements from in line with specific herd strategy.
• Build and develop excellent relationships with customers, colleagues and other industry professionals.
• Working closely with the Regional Business Manager to identify growth opportunities within both new and existing customers.
• Maintain up to date and accurate product knowledge, including changes to the stud and its relative merits.
• Record and maintain relevant customer information on the Genus information systems.
This role is predominantly inbound call based, you will spend approximately 70% of your day receiving and handling enquiries from colleagues and 30% from customers.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• A recognised agricultural qualification and/or relevant experience and skills.
• A passion for driving on farm performance and efficiency.
• Have an understanding of Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent organisational skills, and the ability to manage own diary.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work under their own initiative and with minimal supervision.
• A willingness to learn, adapting skills and knowledge appropriate to the role.
• Understanding of the full range of Genus products and services that we provide.
• Holder of current valid UK driving licence.
• Demonstrable a ‘can do’ attitude.
• Positive attitude to change and demonstrate a desire to learn new things and be involved in new tasks/activities/products/projects
What we can offer you:
For a self-motivated candidate with the attitude and approach to succeed, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, together with the opportunities that come with working for a global organisation.
We offer an environment where personal growth is encouraged. If you are interested in playing a key role for one of the most innovative and highly regarded companies in our industry, this is the business for you.
Application closing date: Friday 14th May 2021
Job Reference Number: EMEA VAC 2242
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected].