Beef x Dairy - but not as you know it!
The industry is changing and there us a new way to accelerate genetic progress.
The ABS Dairy InFocus program can help improve efficiency and increase profits by using a new and modern approach to genetic management. This enables you to increase short term cash flow and improve your future herd genetics.
ABS Real World Data (RWD) Performance
You don't have to sacrifice fertility, calving and transition cow performance with InFocus graduates. InFocus can provide reliable and proven fertility, dependable calving ease and reduced still births.
Benefits to Your Dairy:
- Improve calf quality, vigor & value
- Consistent fertility and calving ease results
- Replace lost income from a devalued traditional dairy bull calf market
- Accelerate genetic improvement from higher-ranking heifers and cows
- Consistent gestation length
ABS is a world leader in dairy and beef genetics. We have combined these two great offerings to create the ABS Dairy InFocus product line. AT ABS, we believe in generating Profit From Genetic Progress that is true in dairy production as well as dairy beef. The InFocus brand is growing respect in the Dairy, Calf Grower, Feedlot and Packer industries. We want to help you leverage our genetic progress into your profitability.
Benefits to the Calf Grower:
- Improved calf quality, vigor and market value
- Develop a new supply chain network for beef feeder cattle
- Growing interest from dairy producers to market calves to professional calf growers
- Increase value over Holstein bulls and generic "black calves"
ABS InFocus Beef is the evolution of traditional beef on dairy programs for Australia. ABS strategically works with dairies around the world to combine proven, high-quality InFocus Beef sire genetics with a comprehensive breeding program. This genetic progress generated by InFocus sires is producing healthy feeder cattle that grow faster, convert feed more efficiently and yield more saleable meat.
Benefits from Feedlot to Processor:
- Alternative to dairy steers
- Consistent year round supply
- Predictable performance
- New source of "coloured feeder cattle"
The results of our initial trials are healthy beef cattle with desirable traditional beef performance traits. These high-grade and efficient beef cattle are proven to earn a premium, are more marketable and serve a growing, high-demand market all along the beef supply chain.
The ABS Global Beef Team has collected benchmarking data that compares ABS InFocus growth and harvest performance to industry data for Holstein steers, beef steers and heifers. Feeder cattle performance is best measured by kilograms of growth and carcass yields. Actual carcass data best describes the value of InFocus sired cattle. ABS is committed to using our Genetic Progress to develop InFocus cattle that will compete with traditional fed beef.