Choosing the right udder care products for the right situation.
Sometimes, dairy producers think of teat dips as a commodity, but truthfully, that mindset can be a detrimental one. Improper udder care puts your dairy at risk of contracting costly diseases and losing milk production. That is why proper udder health should never be an afterthought. As a dairy producer, you are constantly monitoring milk quality and production, and udder health is a huge factor that impacts milk quality and output. Are you protecting yourself by making udder care a priority?
Two reasons to make udder health a priority:
- Controlling mastitis is the costliest health issue in the dairy industry.
- Healthy teats equate to better milk quality, improved cow comfort, and increased profitability.
The benefits of using teat dips to support proper udder health all lead to improving milk quality and maximizing milk production. The key to a successful udder care protocol is using the right product at the right time to ensure maximum effectiveness while controlling cost. Determining what product to use depends on situations or conditions the dairy is dealing with. While most only think of the seasons changing as different conditions, that is not the only time we need to consider the products being used.
The key to a successful udder care protocol is using the right product at the right time to ensure maximum effectiveness while controlling cost.
Non-concentrates: For when conditions are tough
When conditions are tough (like during the wettest and coldest months), you need products that you can rely on to get the job done and prevent infections; we recommend non-concentrate products.
Here is what to expect from ABS Uddercare non-concentrates:
- Do not need to be mixed with water
- Can be used as pre- or post-dips
- Used when conditions are tough
- Considered the problem-solving products
- Relied on to correct udder health issues
- Shelf stable for seven days post mix
- (4XLA, UDDERgold 5-Star, and Aztec Gold have a 14-hour shelf life. Encore has a 24-hour shelf life.)
- Considered a premium investment
Concentrates: For when conditions are ideal
On the flip side, the objective of your udder care plan should be to maintain udder health when conditions are ideal, and in those circumstances, we recommend using a concentrate product.
Here is what to expect from ABS Uddercare concentrates:
- Needs to be mixed with water
- Can be pre- or post-dips
- Used when conditions are ideal
- Trusted to maintain udder health
- Shelf stable for 12-24 hours
- More economical investment
Trust in ABS UdderCare: Quality Milk Systems
Producers need to be mindful of generic products that claim to be proven, time-tested, and industry-leading products. Because our team is dedicated to milk quality and stable production, all our products are tested following the National Mastitis Council guidelines. Validation of our products working properly in customer systems is a number one priority for us. So, you can count on us to correct and maintain udder health on your dairy.
Determine the right products to use on your dairy by contacting your UdderCare Specialist or completing the form below.