ABS has an exciting opportunity to join the North America Beef Sales team as a Sales Team Leader in Nebraska.
The Sales Team Leader promotes and sells a portfolio of technical and/or nontechnical products and/or services and solutions directly to current and new end customers. This role informs customers of new product/service introductions and prices, and creates, monitors and revises lead generation plans to ensure a substantive sales opportunity pipeline.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance and oversight from manager
- Supervises the daily activities of business or technical support or production team
- Has formal supervisory responsibilities; sets priorities for and coaches employees to meet daily deadlines
- Requires understanding and application of procedures and concepts within own discipline and basic knowledge of other disciplines
- Uses judgment to identify and resolve day-to-day technical and operational problems
- Uses tact and diplomacy to exchange information and handle sensitive issues
- Accountable for new business development, direct sales to assigned producers and the coordination of the day to day activities of an assigned sales team. Identify sales/service opportunities within targeted market segments.
- Act as a coach and mentor to develop people within the assigned sales team. Assign tasks and coordinate the day to day work for sales/service team. Conduct performance management process of the employed sales/service team. Establish and implement learning and development plans for employed sales/service team members. Coach third party sales (IR) representatives to plan and grow their business.
- Ensure maximum unit sales and revenue generation through personal sales targets by implementing the sales strategies. Develop and manage direct herd sales for personal assigned herds. Attain personal sales and other financial goals as defined for each fiscal year. Using CRM, maintain a detailed and accurate customer database for assigned area.
- Increase revenues with assigned sales/service team by developing new accounts and maximizing Genus ABS’ opportunity for greater profitability and targeted market penetration.
- Effectively implement and ensure compliance with the policies, programs and directives of all functions within Genus ABS.
- Establish, manage and deliver the assigned sales/service teams profit, product mix, ASP and expense budget goals for each fiscal year.
- Ensure effective management of inventories, accounts receivable, and company assets within established guidelines for the assigned sales/service team.
- Provide accurate and timely sales reports on a regular basis or when specifically requested. Provide clear measurement of progress toward team sales/service goals.
- Develop and maintain professional and effective relationships with industry partners, peers, direct reports, management, employees, independent sales/service channels and customers. At all times representing Genus ABS in a manner consistent with company objectives and image.
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment at work. All employees are required to observe both the company safety rule and the policies/guidelines. If issued a company vehicle, employees are expected to operate vehicles safely to prevent accidents.
- Travel required. % varies by territory.
- Associates degree or higher in Agribusiness or related field preferred
- Valid state Driver’s License
- 4+ years applicable sales and marketing experience, preferably in the agriculture industry.
- Ability to manage a geographically dispersed customer base
- Ability to interact with multiple levels of personnel
- Ability to identify opportunities
- Ability to establish and build business relationships
- Effective listening and communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Solid sales skills including effective persuasion and negotiation skills
- Computer literate
- Understanding of genetics and reproductive management practices
- Cattle experience such as A.I., reproduction/synchronizations and cattle