Developing, maintaining and implementing custom applications for different divisions of the company using modern development tools, techniques, processes, and adhering to industry development standards.
- Executing full lifecycle software development
- Tune, maintain and improve existing applications and tools.
- Working with development team, business analysts, quality assurance analysts and project managers to develop, document and deliver software solutions.
- The above list is not exhaustive, and the post holder will undertake such other duties as required.
Qualifications and experience:
- Proven work experience (3+ years) as a Software Developer
- Ability to develop software in Microsoft technologies specifically, C#, Visual Basic and .NET
- Experience of working in a global organization with geographically dispersed team members and users preferred
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, specifically Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with SSRS and SSIS a plus.
- Effective and regular communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with MVC, HTML5, REST, CSS3 a plus
- Bachelor’s in CS/MIS or equivalent work experience
Capabilities and behaviors:
- Excellent business and commercial acumen.
- Keen to work in a dynamic and vibrant business and someone who has a can-do attitude.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deliver to deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written skills – ability to bridge the gap between technical and business, translating technical subject matter into a language understood by business users.
- Maintain professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Be flexible with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strive to be an effective team member.
- Strive to advance your skills and display a willingness to accept future development.
- Actively participate in Company training opportunities to further develop skills applicable to the department.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company.
- Willingness to travel for customer visits and office visits to build relationships and gain a further understanding of how different areas of the business operate.