We have an immediate opening for a Distribution Specialist to join our Supply Chain team!
This is a full-time position, with full benefits and competitive pay.
This position will be responsible for effectively and efficiently performing all supply and warehousing tasks to ensure maximum productivity, order accuracy and cost-effective operations. This position will be based in DeForest, WI.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Accurately pick, pack, ship and document all orders to meet customer and order fulfillment needs
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures for the safe and accurate picking and packing of orders.
- Ensure all shippers are properly maintained and in working condition prior to shipment thus achieving zero shipper failures.
- Verify product quantity on order manifest prior to picking and packing and sign packing slip
- Achieve and maintain zero shipping errors and zero inventory variances.
- Receive all products delivered to the ABS dock in accordance with procedures and safety policies
- Accurately count, verify and record all receipts within a reasonable timeframe.
- Monitor shipments for damage, breakage or other problems and document circumstances immediately upon discovery.
- Ensure proper Purchase Order documentation; accurately match all items with receiving copy of Purchase Order to verify shipment request.
- Maintain minimum inventory on the Receiving dock at all times.
- Notify appropriate departments of products received and efficiently organize for pick-up or delivery.
Safety and Security:
- Perform all job functions in accordance with ABS safety and security policies and to ensure safekeeping of all ABS warehouse inventory and equipment.
- Carefully monitor N2/O2 levels in all relevant facilities (buildings, trailers, etc.) to ensure air quality meets safety policies and OSHA requirements.
- Wear appropriate safety gear at all times in accordance with safety policies.
- Operate forklift with proper certification only and in accordance with safety policies.
- Ensure facility doors are locked and buildings are secured at all times.
- Ship product in compliance with Hazardous Materials shipping regulations.
- Verify all product movement is accompanied by the appropriate authorization and documentation.
- Achieve zero accidents, safety violations and/or unsafe operations reports.
General Warehouse and Administration:
- Assist in all aspects of effective warehouse operations and administration.
- Monitor inventory levels and notify appropriate personnel of critical shortages.
- Accurately perform with cycle counting when requested achieving zero variance.
- Assist with stocking to effectively manage supply levels and on-hand product.
- Outline daily tasks and prioritize tasks to meet customer deadlines.
- Maintain warehouse employee procedure manual and ensure all policies are current. Recommend revisions as necessary to gain efficiency streamline processes and meet order fulfillment goals.
- Assist in training new employees on tasks, procedures and processes.
Professionalism and Development:
- Ensure the image and service orientation of the department and ABS remains professional at all times.
- Maintain professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Be flexible with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strive to be an effective team member.
- Strive to advance your skills and display a willingness to accept future development.
- Actively participate in ABS training opportunities to further develop skills applicable to the department.
- Gain a thorough understanding of ABS’s business and the department’s role within the company.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Secondary education in warehousing or logistics preferred.
- 1-3 years experience with progressive responsibility in warehousing and shipping.
- Experience in inventory and/or logistics preferred.
- Valid Wisconsin Drivers License.
- Forklift Operators License.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- PC literacy and keyboarding skills including basic order entry.
- Strong attention to detail and skill working with numbers.
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.