This position will be responsible for effectively and efficiently performing all supply and warehousing tasks to ensure maximum productivity, order accuracy and cost-effective operations. This position will report to the Warehouse Supervisor and will be based in DeForest, WI.
- Accurately and efficiently pick, pack, and document orders to meet customer and order fulfillment needs.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures for the safe and accurate picking and packing of orders.
- Ensure all shippers are properly maintained and in working condition prior to shipment thus achieving zero shipper failures.
- Verify product quantity on order manifest prior to picking and packing and sign packing slip
- Achieve zero shipping errors and zero inventory variances.
- Effectively receive all products delivered to the ABS dock in accordance with procedures and safety policies.
- Accurately count, verify and record all receipts within a reasonable timeframe.
- Monitor shipments for damage, breakage or other problems and document circumstances immediately upon discovery.
- Ensure proper Purchase Order documentation; accurately match all items with receiving copy of Purchase Order to verify shipment request.
- Maintain minimum inventory on the Receiving dock at all times.
- Notify appropriate departments of products received and efficiently organize for pick-up or delivery.
SAFETY & SECURITY:
- Perform all job functions in accordance with ABS safety and security policies and to ensure safekeeping of all ABS warehouse inventory and equipment.
- Carefully monitor N2/O2 levels in all relevant facilities (buildings, trailers, etc.) to ensure air quality meets safety policies and OSHA requirements.
- Operate forklift with proper certification only and in accordance with safety policies.
- Ship product in compliance with Hazardous Materials shipping regulations.
- Verify all product movement is accompanied by the appropriate authorization and documentation.
- Achieve zero accidents, safety violations and/or unsafe operations reports.
GENERAL WAREHOUSE & ADMINISTRATION:
- Assist in all aspects of effective warehouse operations and administration.
- Monitor inventory levels and notify appropriate personnel of critical shortages.
- Accurately perform with cycle counting when requested achieving zero variance.
- Assist with stocking to effectively manage supply levels and on-hand product.
- Outline daily tasks and prioritize tasks to meet customer deadlines.
- Maintain warehouse employee procedure manual and ensure all policies are current. Recommend revisions as necessary to gain efficiency streamline processes and meet order fulfillment goals.
- Assist in training new employees on tasks, procedures and processes.
PROFESSIONALISM AND DEVELOPMENT:
- Ensure the image and service orientation of the department and ABS remains professional at all times.
- Strive to develop new skills and assume greater responsibility within the department and organization.
- Maintain professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Be flexible with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strive to be an effective team member.
- Strive to advance your skills and display a willingness to accept future development.
- Actively participate in ABS training opportunities to further develop skills applicable to the department.
- Gain a thorough understanding of ABS’s business and the department’s role within the company.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Secondary education in warehousing or logistics preferred.
- 1-3 years of progressively responsible experience in warehousing and shipping.
- Experience in inventory and/or logistics preferred.
- PC literacy and keyboarding skills including basic order entry.
- Strong attention to detail and skill working with numbers.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Valid Wisconsin Drivers License.
- Forklift Operators License.