ABS has an exciting opportunity to join the North America Dairy Sales team as a District Account Manager in Ontario.
The District Account Manager promotes and sells a portfolio of technical and/or nontechnical products and/or services and solutions directly to current and new end customers. This role informs customers of new product/service introductions and prices, and creates, monitors and revises lead generation plans to ensure a substantive sales opportunity pipeline.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- May lead projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build agreement
Genus Core Behaviours / Competencies
Customer impact: builds strong, profitable, sustainable customer relationships, anticipating and exceeding customer expectations to increase demand for services and products in order to build loyalty.
Managing external environment: anticipates and responds quickly to environmental changes for the benefit of the business and customers, through strong external networks and deep understanding of the markets.
Execution Orientation: Drives to set ever higher standards and achieve results through determination, resilience and commitment. Develops solutions to enhance the service offering and drive continuous improvement.
Setting Direction: develops simple, deliverable plans based on pragmatic new thinking, ideas or concepts. Assesses accurately commercial risk and return.
Change management: Champions, leads, support or embeds change to improve things. Communicates well and helps others by overcoming barriers.
Analysis and Decision Making: Analyses opportunities and problems thoughtfully and thoroughly to make good and timely decisions.
Team Mobilisation: builds high performing diverse teams, investing resources effectively. Recruits, develops, motivates and retains talent by setting stretching goals and developing capability of self, team and organisation.
Collaboration: ‘One team’ approach – gains commitment to strategic vision and goals. Builds and maintains networks and relationships, sharing knowledge and experience, delivering on commitments.
Essential Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Sales, development growth and profitability of targeted accounts. Responsible for sales relationship and resource integration into each targeted account utilizing Technical Service, Genetic Programs, and other 3rd party resources as necessary.
• Sell and manage the relationship with new and existing partnership segment accounts by providing excellent service
• Coordinate the DSM’s, Tech Service, GMS, etc. and other 3rd parties on the customers behalf to maximize the customer experience in a profitable way for ABS. Work within the district teams to utilize their resources effectively.
• Be a partner with the customer in developing tailored genetic and reproductive strategies
• Increase market share in the partnership segments by developing new and existing accounts into long-term profitable accounts
• Develop and maintain professional and effective relationships with management, employees, sales force representatives and customers. Represent ABS Global in a manner consistent with company objectives and image.
• To ensure the image of Genus ABS remains professional at all times. Strive to develop new skills and assume greater responsibility within the department and organization.
• To ensure ABS Global is a healthy and safe environment to work. All staff members are required to observe both the company safety rules and the policies/guideline.
• If issued a company vehicle, employees are expected to operate vehicles safely to prevent accidents. It is the policy of the company to provide and maintain a safe working environment to protect our employees and the citizens of the communities where we conduct business from injury and property loss
- Extensive travel required. % dependent on assigned territory.
- 4-year degree in business or agriculture preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- 5-years experience in a related industry
- General Computer and technology
- Strong Presentation skills
- Superior Listening Skill and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence and problem solve
- Self-Sufficient and sees tasks and responsibilities through to completion
- Experience effectively setting and managing toward a sales plan