The Reproductive Technician works closely with the Reproductive Team Leader in providing technical knowledge, advice and support to sales representatives, resellers and customers during the sales process to resolve requests regarding product/service technical issues and to maximize the benefits derived from the organization’s products and/or services.
- Accountable for the safe, efficient and successful insemination of customer’s herds.
- Working with the customer, develop on-farm procedures to help facilitate implementation of Reproductive Management Services (RMS) in each customer’s operation.
- Provide heat detection and insemination service to assigned customers.
- Cooperate with other farm advisors (Vet, Nutritionist, etc.) to integrate RMS into total farm management plan.
- Help locate, train and develop competent relief help.
- Work cooperatively with Independent Reps in the area.
- Develop and maintain professional and effective relationships with management, sales team, Independent Representatives and customers. Represent ABS Global in a manner consistent with company values.
- To ensure the image and service orientation of the department and ABS remain professional at all times. To strive to develop new skills and assume greater responsibility within the department and organization.
- Ensure ABS Global is a healthy and safe environment to work by observing both the company safety rules and the policies/guideline.
- Bachelor of Science degree or Association degree in Agribusiness or related field; exceptional experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement.
- Minimum of 1 year of insemination experience preferred.
- Effective listening and communication skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Stand, sit and walk for long periods of time
- Lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs.